Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 02:26 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,309,991 times

Advertisements

I quickly noticed nearly 20 mistakes in your very short post. Perhaps your awkwardness with the English language inhibits your ability to communicate in all ways, not merely your attempts to communicate humor. Also, as Wmsn4Life pointed out, people have very different senses of humor. I nearly fall off the sofa laughing at Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, but show me a movie like Caddy Shack or American Pie and I rarely laugh. Yet the money those movies have made proves the public at large finds them hilarious. Just as everyone doesn't like the same kind of music, humor is also not universal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 04:09 PM

128 posts, read 201,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I quickly noticed nearly 20 mistakes in your very short post. Perhaps your awkwardness with the English language inhibits your ability to communicate in all ways, not merely your attempts to communicate humor. Also, as Wmsn4Life pointed out, people have very different senses of humor. I nearly fall off the sofa laughing at Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, but show me a movie like Caddy Shack or American Pie and I rarely laugh. Yet the money those movies have made proves the public at large finds them hilarious. Just as everyone doesn't like the same kind of music, humor is also not universal.
I am not the only one wondering this, as people noted before too, people are old fashioned not in sync with younger generation even people in 20s, depends where you grow up. i merely focusing on person in 20s who don't get jokes,sarcasm, are just dull,like they lived a sheltered life, dont get out much, or they seem to be loners maybe they have Aspergers
AANE - Asperger’s Syndrome and Humor

Old 08-11-2014, 04:42 PM

539 posts, read 523,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
You all keep this nonsense if you like, but it's not true, basically through the years women have been held to certain standards placed upon them by those that governed society, guess who that was for the most part. Women have been increasingly, sometimes for good or bad, breaking from those modes and realizing their fuller potential in all areas. Are we as women different, yes, but we are no less funny and for sure in no way less intelligent in how we flex our funny bone. I not sure why the constant arguing to knock women done a peg, well not true, I get it, gotta find somewhere that women can't compete. I can reach way back some decades and bring up Moms Mabley. That old woman was a hoot.

FEMALE COMEDY * PART 1: 13 Hilarious Clips of Womanly Stand-up | UnBoxifyMe
woe is me, women are such victims always no matter what...the fact is Women are better than Men in general at tons of things, and Men are better than Women at other things, like humor.

I honestly believe that study before that Men have been forced to be funny over the years due to trying to find a mate. Its evolution baby.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:44 PM

And I totally agree that Men are looking for a Women who thinks there humor is funny and can add there 10 cents to it. I personally can throw at 1-10 pretty damn good, and I usually like women who genuinely get most of my jokes. Not fake laugh, but really get it.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:55 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1523 View Post
woe is me, women are such victims always no matter what...the fact is Women are better than Men in general at tons of things, and Men are better than Women at other things, like humor.

I honestly believe that study before that Men have been forced to be funny over the years due to trying to find a mate. Its evolution baby.
Quote:
And I totally agree that Men are looking for a Women who thinks there humor is funny and can add there 10 cents to it. I personally can throw at 1-10 pretty damn good, and I usually like women who genuinely get most of my jokes. Not fake laugh, but really get it.
^Woe me for sure if blaming women and saying some guys just can't find a good little lady to mind them anymore, so now these people have to find humor to keep them company. Wah, wah, wah. Talk about kettle/pot

Old 08-11-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
^Woe me for sure if blaming women and saying some guys just can't find a good little lady to mind them anymore, so now these people have to find humor to keep them company. Wah, wah, wah. Talk about kettle/pot
I'm not blaming women for anything. Men in general are just funnier than them. Its okay. Women are better at other things. So I must be sexist.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:56 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
Quote:
I'm not blaming women for anything. Men in general are just funnier than them. Its okay. Women are better at other things. So I must be sexist.

No not sexist so much, funny for sure. I appreciate the laugh.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Women are funny too good grief.

Golden girls
All in the family
The Jeffersons
I love Lucy
Mary Tyler More show
Mama's family
Roseanne
Raymond
King of Queens
That 70's show
Snl
Knocked up
Brides Maids
Mean girls
American Pie
Superstar
3rd Rock from the Sun

Soooo many ladies in these that are very funny.

Ladies can be extremely funny.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:04 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,682,713 times
Go to YouTube and check out some of the classics like the late Moms Mabley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLg1QzdAdLo

Last edited by pacific2; 08-11-2014 at 10:08 PM..

Old 08-11-2014, 10:25 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,411,579 times
You'll probably disagree since some of these ladies are a bit outlandish and total rebels:

Kathy Griffin
Margarette Cho

Kim Wayans
Wanda Sykes
Tracee Ellis Ross

Jenny McCarthy
Rosie O'Donnell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology