Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 08:52 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I agree that there was nothing wrong with what his daughter said; it sounds as if that poster must not have read her comments. Robin Williams' children, Zack, Zelda and Cody Williams, mourn their dad - LA Times
its not in this paper nor would it be. read the stuff about the hurtful emails b4 his death.
again i read then i post.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ry?id=24959951
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 09:10 AM

88,557 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its not in this paper nor would it be. read the stuff about the hurtful emails b4 his death.
again i read then i post.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ry?id=24959951
Where is found what you are referring to? There is nothing in this link about hurtful emails by his daughter.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:09 AM

283 posts, read 408,734 times
I will say as a woman who has suffered sever depression mostly all my life, due to trauma and physical medical issues. It doesn't matter if your rich, poor, or in between. No amount of money can make you happy. I grew up in two different worlds. My adoptive parents had it all and never had to worry about money. I had everything i ever needed and wanted but I never trusted anyone around me, I never felt love and compassion from anyone. I was terribly sad and I tried to take my life six times before I was 16. I also visited my biological parents often and they were dirt poor farmers and construction workers and they lived week to week, day to day and the house was small and it had no indoor bathroom and man was I happy playing with my siblings and cousins and the farm animals and such, but everyone drank, partied and hung out with the kids and taught them crazy stuff. They seemed happy around me, until the beatings came when the drinking became to much. No one is perfect. He has the horrible diagnosis of Parkinson disease. He knew his fate and he didn't want it. He wanted peace and love and it became to much for him to bare. I have MS and I am going to go blind some day. I am going to loose my ability to stay standing without assistance. I will loose control of my ability to function like a healthy and normal woman . One day I may not even be able to hold my grand children in my arms. That scares me to no end. I have considered ending my life on my terms but when I have that thought I talk to my husband, doctors and therapist and I ask for help. No one is perfectly happy all the time. Depression is a symptom of a problem, problems can be solved if you seek the answer.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Where is found what you are referring to? There is nothing in this link about hurtful emails by his daughter.
3 scroll down. not on first page. was also in yahoo headlines. she sent some nasty stuff to him he really didnt need to hear in a severe depression state before he hung himself. not very thoughtful. she is trying to get all of it erased from the internet. another selfish inconsiderate young person.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:51 AM

190 posts, read 190,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic072014 View Post
Money will not make you happy

Comedian Robin Williams dead - CNN.com
because they cant stand losing

Old 08-15-2014, 11:53 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,421,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
3 scroll down. not on first page. was also in yahoo headlines. she sent some nasty stuff to him he really didnt need to hear in a severe depression state before he hung himself. not very thoughtful. she is trying to get all of it erased from the internet. another selfish inconsiderate young person.
I guess Mightyqueen and I are blind, because I'm not seeing it either. Just her goodbye message to people following her twitter account, and mention of the hateful messages she was getting. I also googled Zelda emails to robin Williams and got zip.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:56 PM

88,557 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
I guess Mightyqueen and I are blind, because I'm not seeing it either. Just her goodbye message to people following her twitter account, and mention of the hateful messages she was getting. I also googled Zelda emails to robin Williams and got zip.

I just Googled something similar. There's absolutely nothing out there about nasty messages sent by Zelda to her dad before his death.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:47 PM

13 posts, read 13,861 times
because hainvg money doesn't fix an emotional hole and actually let's you see how big a hole you have because having that money means you can buy **** most people can't and you realized just how little **** in general pleases you.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:23 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times
This certainly explains a lot more about how Williams must have been feeling.

How Robin Williams was being torn apart and couldn't fight back: https://nypost.com/2018/05/05/how-an...ms-final-days/

Old 05-13-2018, 12:42 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,316,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic072014 View Post
Money will not make you happy

Comedian Robin Williams dead - CNN.com
People commit suicide because life can be tough, tiring, and cruel in many ways. The number of things which could potentially go wrong in a person's life are staggering, and we all don't have the same capacity or ability to handle the various stressors, injustices, problems, issues, diseases, etc., which can and do occur frequently in people's lives.

Many people who we see day-to-day who seem happy and ok are probably not. The social masks and personas which we all wear often times conceal some very troubling aspects of ourselves. And as a person who has struggled greatly with chronic depression for roughly 25 years now (I'm currently 43), I know full well how bad life can be, for a variety of reasons.

We all don't experience life the same way, obviously, and each one of us has our own unique lens through which we view and experience life; that combined with our own psychological, emotional, and physical differences basically mandates that we each experience life (and react to it) in our own unique ways, and that sometimes means we suffer and struggle and hurt. And this can affect anyone, regardless of wealth or socio-economic standing or intelligence level.

Life isn't always neat and tidy and elementary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology