Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:59 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,216,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
A woman has a 10 month physical affair with a man. Her husband finds out and she breaks off the affair with the other man. She is fully repentant and wanting to reconcile with the husband, goes so far as to say the Other Man disgusts her.
She is sorry she got caught and the repentance is only being displayed in an effort to keep her husband from leaving her. Why would a man that she was having a sexual affair with for almost a YEAR suddenly disgust her, only after she was caught - this makes zero sense. She is still lying to her husband by saying the BF disgusts her.

The woman had left a jacket of high sentimental value at the OM's house. She wants the jacket back.
Who cares about a jacket when your marriage is on the line? She used it as an excuse to see the BF one more/last time. She needed closure with him.

At the same time she is having issues with a pinched sciatic nerve that is giving her great pains. She goes to the OM's home and he is all over her, pushing her against the wall, and trying to coerce her into having sex.
She is making excuses in her mind. This was supposed to be their last meeting together after she was caught and i'm sure she told her husband that nothing would happen, but once she was there the passion kicked in and some sort of last hoorah happened, followed by her guilt that she did it again.

She explains to him she is in physical pain, but she wants the jacket. He says he will give her the jacket in exchange for sex. She agrees to have sex with him to get him to leave her alone, gets the jacket, and feels bad afterwards.
The text in red pretty much sums up this entire situation, This woman is a master manipulator. Her husband was lied to and cheated on, her boyfriend was drug into her marital drama and possibly lied to also, the jacket was just an excuse to see him one last time for closure. Why would she suddenly be disgusted by her own boyfriend and want him to leave her alone ONLY after she was caught? The painful nerve, I have no idea what this has to do with anything other than gathering a pity party /sympathy and tossing a painful injury into the mix.

Her, her husband, and her therapist believe she was raped. The husband readily agrees that she was raped.

Her therapist and husband only knows her side of the whole story, so he is basing his perspective off of her lies. I would love to hear the accused/boyfriends side of the story in a case like this - but conveniently, he has no say in the matter. Im sure the husband hates the BF with a passion and he would love to justify calling the man a rapist in his own mind - classic co dependency, making excuses for his cheating wife while demonizing the BF.

The whole injury thing and the "I was raped" ordeal is a classic attempt at diversion. She got caught red handed committing a crime in her marriage, so she is trying to turn everything around and portray herself as a victim in order to collect sympathy for herself and divert everyone's attention away from what she did.

They are in a co dependent relationship and deserve each other. They BF and the therapist got sucked into their drama, then they posted their drama on a public forum to add fuel to their fire. A divorce attorney is the only 3rd party that needs to be involved here.
My response in purple ^

Last edited by L0ve; 09-04-2014 at 12:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 04:27 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,046,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Sounds like consensual sex, later regretted, so she claims rape.
Spot on.
She missed "Other Guy", still wanted another fling... actually did have another fling... Whoops... maybe not-so-good-idea-after-all... used "rape" as a cover story once her conscience cleared and was back in the nest with her husband.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:09 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
but what about the woman or man who gets threatened and then told if she or he cooperates, no harm will come. so the person "consents" in order not to get killed. so is this rape because she said yes - in order to save a worse thing from happening (like being killed if she says no).

or what about the person who is sleeping and gets raped? because she or he didn't say no, now youre going to say its consensual?

That is just effed up thinking by perverts and criminals who make excuses to take advantage of the victim.
Rape or sexual assault is having sex with someone without their consent. It's clear that agreeing to have sex in order to avoid being killed is rape, because coercion is involved. The law recognizes that a person who agrees to do something in order to save a life is not really consenting. It's also clear that a person who is asleep cannot give consent to have sex.

The woman in this case cannot claim she was coerced into having sex because the law doesn't recognize a desire to obtain a jacket as coercion.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
What was the brand and color of the jacket?

Old 09-04-2014, 09:41 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
True. If she felt a crime had been committed, she should have reported it. But according to your post, it didn't occur to her that a crime had been committed, until her therapist said so. Even then, she could have reported it.

Sexual assault, no. Sexual coercion? Maybe. Is sexual coercion a crime? Should it be? Those are murky waters.
I agree with this. She has the right to feel confused and violated, but what happened wasn't a crime. It wasn't right, but it wasn't illegal.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:15 AM

420 posts, read 704,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
What was the brand and color of the jacket?
I can only figure it was Jason's Golden Fleece the way she had went on about how it was so important, high sentimental value, blahblahblah. Believe me, I was curious about the kind of magical powers that jacket had as well, but everyone was too busy explaining how she was a victim of sexual assault, and she was in full on victim mode. The fact she had sex for a jacket was less discussed than him having her against the wall and coercing her into having sex. It was one of those posts where she said she was open to everyones' opinions but only acknowledged the ones that agreed or were sympathetic towards her. She got so many *hugs* and *thinking of you* I have to say, I was offended on behalf of rape victims.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:21 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
Rape, no. Prostitution, maybe.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:16 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,802 times

Old 09-04-2014, 11:19 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
My response in purple ^
dang, good points.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:22 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,513,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapdad00 View Post
I thought I was lost in an alternate reality reading the stuff on that blog....
To me, the comments are the REALLY scary part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology