Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2014, 03:20 AM

1 posts, read 942 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]Hi, I have a friend whose daughter is in her mid-twenties. Her mother is a friend of mine and the most kind person in this world who would help anyone.

Her daughter in question was never abused or neglected. Her sister is nothing like her and is well adjusted. Her father is basically a good person, but wasn't around much when the girls were growing up.

I believe my friend's daughter is mentally sick, but would like some other opinions.

She:
-has been extremely verbally abusive, and occasionally physically abusive to her mother through the years when disciplined for poor behavior (told to go to her room, loss of privileges, etc) I've seen bruises on my friend's cheeks
-has thrown her sister's cat in anger (the cat was fine afterwards BTW)
-has told a family member that she hopes they die in a traffic accident
-has threatened to kick her pregnant sister in the stomach and told her she hopes the baby will die
-puts people on the spot with odd personal comments and uncomfortable personal questions
-likes to be the center of attention
-when her aunt told her off one time for her foul language and behavior, she didn't talk to her for almost 2 years
-she is a very jealous person
-she often has meltdowns and cries at social events (when drinking)
-runs her family down often to her co-workers who don't know her family
-if she has a beef with someone, she'll walk right up to the person beside them and chat them up while totally ignoring the person she has the beef with (deliberately to antagonize the person)
-she is engaged to a very nice young man, but she manipulates him
-her future in-laws say they walk on eggshells when she is around because they don't want to lose contact with their son if there is a conflict... at one point, for a very trivial reason, she's pushed her future mother in law right out of her house
-with her personality, I worry a LOT about the way she will be as a mother to her future children

Everyone who doesn't know her well, thinks she is just a wonderful girl.
She is sweet, bubbly, and overly friendly to those she likes, hugs and praises them like they are the BEST... until someone crosses her.

If any, what kind of mental disorder does this sound like to you?[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 03:57 AM

27 posts, read 28,418 times
While I'm not a doctor, it does sound as if she may have a personality disorder. If I had to guess, I'd pick HPD (histrionic personality disorder). Though her tendency with regard to her violent behaviors may not fit HPD. Dunno - anyone else?

Old 09-27-2014, 04:00 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,854 times
Sounds like this autistic chick that was on dr. phil a few days ago, well her mother was, for attempting a murder suicide.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:52 AM

27 posts, read 28,418 times
Nah, can't be autism. While her social communication skills sound impaired, the description of her behaviors doesn't offer up anything that seems ritualistic, repetitive, or fixated. I'm still thinking a personality disorder.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:21 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,308,567 times
The grandiosity could be Narcissistic - why settle for less - just indicate cluster B and you should cover all bases. There is a dimensional method to diagnosis nowadays. Someone else can have that fun.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:09 PM

8 posts, read 9,571 times
It is also possible that she has severe Pre Menstrual Disorder (Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder)

Old 09-28-2014, 12:28 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whenlifehandsyoulegos View Post
It is also possible that she has severe Pre Menstrual Disorder (Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder)
wow, good answer. No one mentions that ever.
I have PMDD - and I recently read it compared to borderline personality disorder when in effect.
Once the menses arrive though it disappears. If that is the case for this young lady then it fits the decription.

if discussing the Cluster Bs - I wonder if she truly has feelings? like for others and emotions? Many of the Bs do not except feelings of nonstop boredom and emptiness. BPD does though, some feel too much.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:00 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoe View Post
If any, what kind of mental disorder does this sound like to you?
She's obviously a narcissist. I would add with socopathic tendencies, but some would argue that that is just part of the narcissistic abuse.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:03 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristotelian View Post
While I'm not a doctor, it does sound as if she may have a personality disorder. If I had to guess, I'd pick HPD (histrionic personality disorder). Though her tendency with regard to her violent behaviors may not fit HPD. Dunno - anyone else?
Histrionic women typically use their looks and sexuality to attract attention. Nothing the OP stated indicates that she does this.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:04 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,964,944 times
I think she has "B*tch Disorder".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology