Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:56 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My example for you: If you're trying to learn how to play the guitar on your own but it's not working, there's no shame in taking a few lessons from someone who can tell you what you're doing wrong and give you practice assignments to get better at it. That's what a lot of therapy is.
Again....in real life, if someone seems normal in every other respect, and happens to mention that they have difficulty with finding someone who reciprocates their romantic feelings, you would not tell them to go to a psychiatrist for their mental illness, unless you were just being hostile to them (intending to say something offensive).

Just common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 12:57 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
You are absolutely correct. What does having a mental disorder have to do with not being with someone. I have seen plenty of people in relationships that have mental disorders. Mental disorders do not discriminate and they affect people from all walks of life. But again, they have nothing to do with each other.
Agree. Many people in the relationships forum should read this post.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:15 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
Op your problem is that you think you don't deserve to be rejected and are blaming the women instead of looking at yourself and asking why they keep rejecting you. If you have kept trying and don't have unrealistic standards, then odds are someone would have said yes by now.

My advice is to chill out, stop taking yourself seriously, stop taking rejection seriously, and dial down the drama to a level that doesn't creep everyone out or at the very least makes you seem like less of a whiny little b#$%ch.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:20 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
By realizing that Woman B is not responsible for Woman A's actions. Take people as individuals.

Also, don't hang your self-esteem on your lovelife. Be more than that.
Exactly.
You know when you feel bitterness and resentment? People don't want to be around that kind of energy.

If you're giving off vibes like you are thrash and angry, you're just going to find yourself going through endless circles of resentment, because more and more women will be turned off by how you come across.

How you feel inside shows on the outside. Maybe work on where the resentment starts.. which I'm guessing starts somewhere within your own family and carries through. Cut that toxicity out somehow, because it leeches through every pore of your body. Life's too short.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
little by little I guess ive become a little resentful, towards women. I used to hAve huge heart and it's not like me to be this way. How have you overcome this feeling of hate and how do you get back to loving the other sex?
Realize that hate only hurts you ;simple.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:19 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
little by little I guess ive become a little resentful, towards women. I used to hAve huge heart and it's not like me to be this way. How have you overcome this feeling of hate and how do you get back to loving the other sex?
don't be resentful of women. not all women are asses who are full of themselves like here in the US.

side note: I got this in a rep comment for this comment: "Hyprocritical statement don't you think you're full of yourself for saying that? Tisk Tisk"

lol. frustrated much.

Last edited by Bonez765; 10-13-2014 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: just for the lolz

Old 10-13-2014, 10:27 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
What is your alternative? Palmala won't cut it Long term. Here's the secret to getting women. Be yourself, pay attention to them and make them laugh. Do those three things and you will never have a problem meeting women.

If you keep the attitude you have right now your only hurting yourself.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:33 PM

124 posts, read 118,583 times
Yes guys I all agree with you, and I'm surprised at such the positive feedback as well. I think it's tied down deeper, I have a hard time connecting and feeling empathy for others. I know by knowledge all of the advice you gave when I was confident and had an open heart... I'm just closed off and can't get my heart to believe this and feel it. I gotta break through this negative cycle

Old 10-14-2014, 01:30 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
What is your alternative? Palmala won't cut it Long term. Here's the secret to getting women. Be yourself, pay attention to them and make them laugh. Do those three things and you will never have a problem meeting women.

If you keep the attitude you have right now your only hurting yourself.
Getting women is not that hard, putting up with them is the hard part. Not all women are interested in being with a man, some enjoy being around with women more and only need a man sometimes and only the right one. The best thing to do is find something you love to do other than chasing women and eventually you might meet one that shares your spirit.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:51 AM

124 posts, read 118,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
First don't EVER let someone else change you or your heart. Don't EVER give someone else that kind of power. I guess that is mainly why I have found people rather quickly because I have never hated an entire gender because of one or more people. It also helps to lose your expectations of people. Because everyone will fail you in life even your own family. Nobody will ever live up to your entire expectations.

Resentments are like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Most likely the person you have resentments against or for doesn't even know it. They could be enjoying life and having a good time and you aren't even on their mind. It's not worth it for your own sanity. If it's even a single person at all or just women in general. Find peace within yourself. And know that we are all flawed. Don't get that twisted with the notion that we ever have to deal with anyone else's flaws. We sure don't.

I've heard and I don't really know how true it can help, but pray for someone that you don't like. If it's women in general pray for women. I have been told that this helps to remove those resentments. Also time heals all wounds. Remember that. People can only hurt you as much as you allow them. Good luck guy.
The praying did work a little! Thank you very much. A lot of good input here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology