Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 09:24 AM

124 posts, read 118,543 times

Advertisements

little by little I guess ive become a little resentful, towards women. I used to hAve huge heart and it's not like me to be this way. How have you overcome this feeling of hate and how do you get back to loving the other sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 09:27 AM

117 posts, read 142,096 times
Why have you become resentful towards women?

Old 10-13-2014, 09:46 AM

Just bad experiences, and im not longer positive lately. I just seem to write people off because of my own unhappiness, it's not their fault. I can't find a way to heal

Old 10-13-2014, 09:48 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
get rid of the hate in your life period. the first thing you have to do is stop hating yourself, as that is where all your hatred starts.

next you need to get to the point where you take life as it comes, the good, bad or ugly. remember that the only easy day was yesterday, and that you have to deal with what ever life throws at you. once you learn to take life in stride and keep moving forward, things will start to look different.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:55 AM

Thank you.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:00 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,098,331 times
I guess we would have ot better understand hwy you are resentful but thats like hating every teacher b/c I had one bad teacher I didn't like or hating every guy because some guy picked on me in high school. Realize that all women are unique, some are better than others and you can't hold against women b. what women a did you last week.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:01 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Have you considered counseling? It is the fastest, most effective way for a mentally healthy person like yourself to alter their thinking, and their happiness level.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:09 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
Just bad experiences, and im not longer positive lately. I just seem to write people off because of my own unhappiness, it's not their fault. I can't find a way to heal
Same thing that you do when anything else is wearing down on you; take an escape from it and pursue something to distract you. Work bogs you down, take a vacation. Even it it's just sleeping at home

Just don't focus on interacting with women for a while, and eventually it'll evolve organically. The first part is the important part, and the one people miss. Don't jump the gun too soon.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 AM

158 posts, read 143,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Same thing that you do when anything else is wearing down on you; take an escape from it and pursue something to distract you. Work bogs you down, take a vacation. Even it it's just sleeping at home

Just don't focus on interacting with women for a while, and eventually it'll evolve organically. The first part is the important part, and the one people miss. Don't jump the gun too soon.
Good advice. Never got to the point of hating women myself. Just take a break and remove yourself from the dating pool for awhile.

With this free time put it to good use it to further master a hobby or career skill.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:52 AM

894 posts, read 1,050,263 times
Maybe take some time to work on yourself. Think of it this way: there are very few people in this world who haven't at some point been hurt, screwed over or betrayed by someone they were dating, but they still keep trying until they find the right one.

However in your case I'd recommend taking a break from dating until you're in a better place emotionally and spiritually. Damaged people attract other damaged people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology