Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 09:46 AM

1,487 posts, read 782,823 times

Advertisements

Is anyone out there dealing with a malignant narcissist daughter? I really would like some help in identifying behaviors which are classic narc.
Why does she tell me one day she has faith in me, then a week later she tells me I don't listen, and I don't know what I'm talking about. Why does she deny saying something to me I know she said? Why won't she address the elephant in the room? Why does she act like there's not a damn thing wrong, when the world is obviously on tilt?
She called me a [BLEEP] [BLEEP] last month while standing on my porch. It was daytime, so I'm sure all my neighbors heard, but I think that's what she was after.
Last year she said she hated me right in the middle of a crowded laundromat. She has always shied away from being the center of attention, and she loathes confrontation.
It's like she's going insane. She's doing the exact opposite of what she normally does. Oh that reminds me; she told me I had mental health issues. Well actually I do, or rather, I have a personality type myself. I am a co-dependent empath. Let the games begin!!!
I start counseling next week to help me deal with this ****. I'll probably be going for life.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-10-2019 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Vulgar language; circumventing the filter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 09:48 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
Is anyone out there dealing with a malignant narcissist daughter? I really would like some help in identifying behaviors which are classic narc.
Why does she tell me one day she has faith in me, then a week later she tells me I don't listen, and I don't know what I'm talking about. Why does she deny saying something to me I know she said? Why won't she address the elephant in the room? Why does she act like there's not a damn thing wrong, when the world is obviously on tilt?
She called me a [Snip.] last month while standing on my porch. It was daytime, so I'm sure all my neighbors heard, but I think that's what she was after.
Last year she said she hated me right in the middle of a crowded laundromat. She has always shied away from being the center of attention, and she loathes confrontation.
It's like she's going insane. She's doing the exact opposite of what she normally does. Oh that reminds me; she told me I had mental health issues. Well actually I do, or rather, I have a personality type myself. I am a co-dependent empath. Let the games begin!!!
I start counseling next week to help me deal with this ****. I'll probably be going for life.
Well, thank goodness you're going to counseling.

Maybe she's on drugs. You did say this isn't how she used to be.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-10-2019 at 03:18 PM..

Old 06-08-2019, 10:46 AM

6,305 posts, read 4,201,329 times
Glad you are going to counseling. I’ve had to deal with this with a family member,running hot and cold , getting into rages, name calling, accusations etc. it’s an emotional roller coaster and you’re constantly walking on eggshells. Since you are not in a position to diagnose your daughter ( only a professional she seeks help from can do that) but you can share with your counselor ways she has behaved, ways you have reacted and hopefully come up with strategies to help you and possibly your daughter.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:01 PM

1,487 posts, read 782,823 times
Spuggy,
She'll never seek out therapy for an admitted condition of hers. My God, do you know when I tried to tell her about the information I found pertaining to narcissism, she answered exactly as the article said she would; 'I don't have time to hear you tell me your issues are my fault because of malig",,,,I cut her off there. .........Typical, classic narc answer.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:08 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,968,766 times
details:
how old is your daughter?
how old are you?
yes, it makes a difference.
let the games begin.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Spuggy,
She'll never seek out therapy for an admitted condition of hers. My God, do you know when I tried to tell her about the information I found pertaining to narcissism, she answered exactly as the article said she would; 'I don't have time to hear you tell me your issues are my fault because of malig",,,,I cut her off there. .........Typical, classic narc answer.
You have to know that you can't walk into someone and tell them they are a malignant narcissist without some blowback??

Old 06-09-2019, 09:57 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,511,449 times
Quote:
Oh that reminds me; she told me I had mental health issues. Well actually I do, or rather, I have a personality type myself. I am a co-dependent empath. Let the games begin!!!
Interestingly I have a friend who is convinced her mom and sis are Narcissists but SHE is one! She sees them everywhere!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-10-2019 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Fixed technical glitch in quote.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:38 AM

481 posts, read 423,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
details:
how old is your daughter?
how old are you?
yes, it makes a difference.
let the games begin.
This. Is your daughter a teenager? That's a critical fact being forgotten.

Also OP, personality disorders are usually patterns of behavior seen over many years and decades. Not sudden aberrations from normal, expected behavior from someone (you describe her as "going insane", which implies a rapid shift). Maybe, have you considered that something is happening in her life she isn't telling you about?

Last edited by sad_hotline; 06-10-2019 at 08:47 AM..

Old 06-10-2019, 03:23 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,070,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_hotline View Post
This. Is your daughter a teenager? That's a critical fact being forgotten.

Also OP, personality disorders are usually patterns of behavior seen over many years and decades. Not sudden aberrations from normal, expected behavior from someone (you describe her as "going insane", which implies a rapid shift). Maybe, have you considered that something is happening in her life she isn't telling you about?

According to OP's profile, the daughter was 31 when she completed the "About Me" section.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:03 PM

720 posts, read 429,193 times
Quote:
Why won't she address the elephant in the room? Why does she act like there's not a damn thing wrong, when the world is obviously on tilt?
Can you tell us what the elephant in the room is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology