Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 07:15 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times

Advertisements

"I want to be successful to get back at people who rejected me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Not joking. That's my primary motivator.
They, whoever they may be, must have seriously hurt you when you were young and vulnerable. People can be cruel sometimes and it's probably just best to accept that as a fact of life and move on...for your own sake and well being.

Live well, be happy, be productive, be kind to yourself and be successful for yourself and your future...leave those people where they belong, in the dust in your rear view mirror.

Best wishes, sincerely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 09:26 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,556 times
Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it & if it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it."

Old 11-07-2014, 01:52 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
This is a natural thing. I can tell you from experience, it is nice to go to a high school reunion as an example, and be the most successful person in the room. You don't have to tell them. If you are the most successful it will show, without you having to brag. The thing is, it is a lot more fun to be around them and as they brag about what they have done or how much they make, you know that you are far more successful.

The most successful people I know, and have been friends with up to the governor of the state, U.S. Senators, and people that take care of my car and everywhere in between, have always noticed they don't go around rubbing those people they passed by noses in it they are more successful. The thing is they themselves know they are. When you know you are, you have the power.

A person that is highly successful is driven to be successful, with no exception. It does not just happen. You want to prove not only to other people, but to yourself that you can be successful.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:00 AM

1,339 posts, read 3,466,823 times
Quote:
That is fine, but what will keep you going after you have become successful and mooned those people? You will be one tired and miserable lonely person with no reason to wake up in the morning... ...

Old 11-07-2014, 05:58 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Some times people may hold you back, block your pathway and even be malicious in their efforts to push you back. but it can make you stronger, to learn the alternative, to become adept at knowing there are other ways to get things done.

I've dealt with it in many situations, who knows what is the real reasons people hold others back, sometimes they are more into protecting their own space when they feel threatened by someone else capabilities.

I've always found other ways to get things done. I have directly told people whom I work for, that one block does not stop me, I will seek other means to get things done. Not only do I get it done, they get some of the credit for it having been done. Eventually, some of them will get out of your way and allow you more autonomy to perform.

The world is full of many types of attitudes within people. don't let it sour your aims and ambitions, follow what drives you with passions because it is something you are sincere about, success will come and you won't need to have bitterness nor spite, you can enjoy your achievements.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:21 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
One of my favorite Biblical sentiments: Pray for your enemies and God will heap burning coals on their heads.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:25 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,057,343 times
One of the reasons I joined this board is because I wanted to find a different place to live. So, when I do leave, I leave behind all of the people who rejected me, and I don't plan on looking back. I also have legally changed my name so it's even less likely they'll track down my future success. I come from a place where I did experience rejection and hurt, but when I leave, the past is gone and can't really follow me. I am in a much better place now that I was in High School. I am better looking, have a great job, and now have people that care about me, unlike HS where I had few friends and those I did have weren't that great. This year marked my 10 year HS reunion. Did I go there to show off how much better my life is than everyone else? No. I didn't even go. I figured, if these people rejected me then, they couldn't care less about me now so having a point to prove to them about how I am now better is silly. Besides, going on Facebook and seeing how much of their lives have evolved is enough. Funny thing is that practically every person in HS who rejected me is in a much worse place in their life than I am. But do I make it a point to let them know? No. I am sure their life is punishment enough.

For me, the whole notion of HS people who pushed people around make it far in life really scared me so I made it a point to better myself, Remember how in Back to the Future, before Marty went back to 1955, that Biff was George McFly's boss and he pushed him around, continuing the cycle that was perpetuated in HS? Well, I didn't want that for myself. But instead of seeking revenge, I just focused on ME, and I completely forgot about how bad HS was to me. Oh it also helps that the girls who rejected ME are now fat and ugly. Not all of them. But with how much I improved my life and looks, every time I see these people I think "why did I elevate you to such a high level 10 years ago???" They don't impress me anymore the way they used to.

So, focus on YOU, forget about the past. Let it make you who you are, not beat you down and take away your spirit, which is what it is doing to you currently. Me? If I do look at my past I don't see it as horrible and full of rejection. I see it as a coming of age that I can look back with a smile on, but not nostalgia, because you have to make the future not stay in the past.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:26 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
Quote:
Well don't we all?

But in the end, you need to find your own happiness. "Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting pu**y", as the Tupac rap lyric goes, but in the end, you are still left bitter when it is over. And think about what happened to Tupac, come to think of it.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:27 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
One of the reasons I joined this board is because I wanted to find a different place to live. So, when I do leave, I leave behind all of the people who rejected me, and I don't plan on looking back. I also have legally changed my name so it's even less likely they'll track down my future success. I come from a place where I did experience rejection and hurt, but when I leave, the past is gone and can't really follow me. I am in a much better place now that I was in High School. I am better looking, have a great job, and now have people that care about me, unlike HS where I had few friends and those I did have weren't that great. This year marked my 10 year HS reunion. Did I go there to show off how much better my life is than everyone else? No. I didn't even go. I figured, if these people rejected me then, they couldn't care less about me now so having a point to prove to them about how I am now better is silly. Besides, going on Facebook and seeing how much of their lives have evolved is enough. Funny thing is that practically every person in HS who rejected me is in a much worse place in their life than I am. But do I make it a point to let them know? No. I am sure their life is punishment enough.

For me, the whole notion of HS people who pushed people around make it far in life really scared me so I made it a point to better myself, Remember how in Back to the Future, before Marty went back to 1955, that Biff was George McFly's boss and he pushed him around, continuing the cycle that was perpetuated in HS? Well, I didn't want that for myself. But instead of seeking revenge, I just focused on ME, and I completely forgot about how bad HS was to me. Oh it also helps that the girls who rejected ME are now fat and ugly. Not all of them. But with how much I improved my life and looks, every time I see these people I think "why did I elevate you to such a high level 10 years ago???" They don't impress me anymore the way they used to.

So, focus on YOU, forget about the past. Let it make you who you are, not beat you down and take away your spirit, which is what it is doing to you currently. Me? If I do look at my past I don't see it as horrible and full of rejection. I see it as a coming of age that I can look back with a smile on, but not nostalgia, because you have to make the future not stay in the past.
Well stated!

Old 11-07-2014, 01:40 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Never realized there were so many vindictive people here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology