Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 05:32 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,919,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
Are you seriously puzzled by this double standard?

If both parties are physically mature, calling it pedophilia is misleading, especially when a guy is the younger party. Anyone male should automatically understand the drivers involved.

People seem to have forgotten the whole biological purpose of puberty and body-shape changes that signal it. Biology is clashing with modern laws and age of consent has varied throughout history. But when people go after the physically immature it becomes twisted. You are also asking separate questions by bringing up Sandusky's perversion.
Even with that being said, I don't see how a female teacher who had sex with an underaged boy can look down on Jerry Sundusky as if she is so much better them him. Sometimes I feel like saying to these type of women "Why don't you look in the mirror to stupid sick h**, before you have the nerve to judge someone!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 06:00 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
uhh no, pedophilia is anyone molests ANYONES kids, not just their own.
Of course, but moms rarely have access to other people's little kids. The point is that having sex with adolescents isn't pedophelia. It's hebephilia.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:08 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,919,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Of course, but moms rarely have access to other people's little kids. The point is that having sex with adolescents isn't pedophelia. It's hebephilia.
It doesn't make it any better.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:30 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,387,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I'm not reading all of this thread, but I can tell why males are viewed differently than females regarding certain sexual situations. Have you noticed that males have an outie and females do not. That's the reason.
As males we try to think the experience with a more mature (and often beautiful) woman would make the boy feel a man at a very young age...but it's not often the case if the experience was hurtful.

If the woman make the slightest fun of the boys' "manhood" so to speak or his awkwardness at doing the thing, it most likely will make psychological scars for life.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:16 PM

463 posts, read 556,819 times
I again ask the Atta Boy Brigade to tell me how they would react if a so-called "Lucky Kid" grows up and ends up preying on 14-15 year old girls, because hey, it happened to him with no issues. Will you all still be singing his praises?

Old 11-09-2014, 07:46 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,378,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
As males we try to think the experience with a more mature (and often beautiful) woman would make the boy feel a man at a very young age...but it's not often the case if the experience was hurtful.

If the woman make the slightest fun of the boys' "manhood" so to speak or his awkwardness at doing the thing, it most likely will make psychological scars for life.
Are you thinking your explanation clarifies something for me or what? I only made a comment about outies and ennies. However, I notice there are people in this thread who do need some things explained. LOL Unfortunately, I don't think they know they don't know.

I agree that having to deal with an outie, makes it more difficult for a male. Poor baby.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:52 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,814,379 times
Quote:
well you would be surprised by the reach of a trusted mom in the community. But Im sure her kids get the worst of it, the rest get a nagging lifelong feeling something was wrong

Old 11-09-2014, 07:53 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,378,535 times
Quote:
Pythonis is telling you it isn't only moms. The point being it is men and women and has nothing to do with being parents. If a person is a parent it is incidental to being a pedophile.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,566,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I'm not reading all of this thread, but I can tell why males are viewed differently than females regarding certain sexual situations. Have you noticed that males have an outie and females do not. That's the reason.
Um, are you trying to assert that only boys have "outie" belly buttons???

Because that's absolutely not true. And it has nothing to do with this topic.

Or are you using "outie" as slang for another body part?

Old 11-09-2014, 08:18 PM

396 posts, read 416,485 times
A few thoughts...

1) you are never going to get me to believe that Jerrry Sandusky a 50 something year old man sodomizing multiple 12 year old boys is even on the same planet as a teenager who is a year or two away from adulthood having sex with a 20 something year old woman. Yes there are different levels of inappropriate sexual behavior and it does a HUGE disservice to children who are victims of rape to put them on the same level as a dude in high school banging his teacher. Both wrong but one of these things is not like the other. I was molested at 8 years old by a guy at my church. It stabs me in the heart to think a dude who was probably already having sex is thought of a just as much of a victim as me. Um no.

2) I totally disagree that women get off easier. First of all, there are tons of stories of men with underage women. They never make the news. Nobody cares. Oh a college age guy slept with an underage girl. News at 11. Men have been chasing young women since the beginning of time. The age of consent thing is relatively new to our society. I think it's a good thing believe me. I just don't believe for a second that women get off easier than men. I see society as being way more accepting of older men/young women, so if the girl is at least on the verge of adulthood, they give guys a pass. Where they are ready to hang the woman.

3) Women who have criminal records of any kind have a HARDER time dealing with society, not easier and these types of cases are no exception.
Let's look at cases where the younger person is no younger than 15. 99% of heterosexual men under the age of 50 can look at a pretty girl 15-17 years old and find her attractive. What does society tell them? Hey you can look but you can't touch. Right?
But what do we say about these women? "My God how could she even find a 16 year old boy attractive? Ew what is wrong with her?" This is what I hear and read when these types of stories come up. See the difference between how we act toward women than men?

Society as a whole is faster to trust a man who has done his time and learned his lesson. But with a woman committing a sex crime, she will carry that stigma around forever. There is no 40 year old man who is going to be stigmatized for sleeping with a 16 year old when he was 25. He could say, "Hey I was young and stupid and I should have known better." and we will accept that.
But society views women differently. Men are supposed to be horn dogs. Women are not. No I disagree that women who commit sex crimes get off easier. Their sentence may be less than a man, but they have to live with social media forever.

We can name several names of women who've committed sex crimes when they were in their 20s and the boy was a teen. Yet can you name even ONE man with this age gap? No you have to get into something as disgusting as Jerry Sandusky for a man's sex crime to stick in your head.

I hope I'm making sense here. I'm not defending anyone's actions or feeling sorry for people like this stupid cheerleader. Just pointing out that I don't agree women have it so easy. I'd honestly rather do more jail time and get out and have nobody know my name than do a light sentence, but go down in internet history and be brought up years later on sites like these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology