Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 01:15 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Just got out of a two day training session at work. The trainer was a nice enough guy but for some reasons his personality just really ground on me. I label them the "ra ra cheerleader" type. Overly happy, overly eager and just way to excited by the mundane work at hand.
Why is it that people like that just bug the $_hit out of me ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 01:17 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
It is not JUST you, but it is also not everyone. We all have different responses to personality types, and sometimes it will change based on situation.

I enjoy talking to the upbeat, everlasting smile on the face folk at church, but at work they can be a real trial of my patience.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:51 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
I find such people exhausting, and I'm also suspicious of their real feelings and intentions, i.e. are they truly that cheerful?

P.S. I was a cheerleader for years, and I was never what you would call "bubbly." Those people always annoyed me, even as a kid.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:41 PM

99,574 posts, read 4,492,993 times
Yes, exhausting is the word. I find them to be a real drain.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I find such people exhausting, and I'm also suspicious of their real feelings and intentions, i.e. are they truly that cheerful?

P.S. I was a cheerleader for years, and I was never what you would call "bubbly." Those people always annoyed me, even as a kid.
i agree. people that are always cheering people on always seem to be rather fake to me. like they are hiding something.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:42 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
I love Tony Robbins...no one is more RaRa then him!
They excite me and inspire me.

Now in a corporation I have been at for years, not so sure.

And yes, there truly are people that have found the secret to being
enthusiastic all the time.
They can still get mad sometimes, but it can last 2 seconds instead of
2 weeks...it took work and usually they learned how to do it bec
of being so in the pits....they had to 'overcome'!

Old 12-10-2014, 06:46 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,290,523 times
I once saw a gathered group of employees at Walmart doing that one morning. A couple of them looked at me and look embarrassed that they had to go through that.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:29 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
I don't know why they bug you. Are you jealous of their happiness? Are you mistrust full of anyone who seems "too happy"? You can probably answer the question better than anyone else can.

So give it a shot ....

Why do people like him bother you?

Old 12-11-2014, 05:43 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Just got out of a two day training session at work. The trainer was a nice enough guy but for some reasons his personality just really ground on me. I label them the "ra ra cheerleader" type. Overly happy, overly eager and just way to excited by the mundane work at hand.
Why is it that people like that just bug the $_hit out of me ?
For me these types suck the air out of the room, and the turn-on performance style gets in the way of the business at hand. It is an obstruction rather than an inspiration.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:40 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I don't know why they bug you. Are you jealous of their happiness? Are you mistrust full of anyone who seems "too happy"? You can probably answer the question better than anyone else can.

So give it a shot ....

Why do people like him bother you?
I can only answer for myself. I'm certainly not jealous or envious; I am a very happy and content person. I just don't jump up and down with glee all the time and make my feelings impinge on others around me.

Yes, I am somewhat mistrustful of people who portray themselves as "too happy." But it's not that "too happy" is a problem, it's "too excited" that's the problem for me. Like I said, I'm a happy person, but I'm pretty calm. When people are too excited, their moods and feelings affect others around them, and can be intrusive.

It's the overly cheerful, overly excited people that I believed this thread is talking about (hence, the "ra ra"). Not the quietly happy and content people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology