Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 12:59 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,357,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
If I ever end up a 58 year old virgin I'd probably commit suicide. Hell I might do it if I'm still a virgin by 30.
I dont find your comment funny at all. Because I actually attempted it when I was 30 over the fact I was literally a virgin. I had a drunken/stoned one-night stand months prior with an ex-friend. Then feeling inferior because then he had no interest in me which led the falling out of our friendship. i had other issues as well.

Its better now. I've alread had sex. For me it was painful. Not sure if it was because I waited so long. Passed that milestone lol. I've decided to preserve my self-respect and diginity by not lowering my standards with men only want to "pump and dunp".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 01:12 PM

408 posts, read 722,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I dont find your comment funny at all. Because I actually attempted it when I was 30 over the fact I was literally a virgin. I had a drunken/stoned one-night stand months prior with an ex-friend. Then feeling inferior because then he had no interest in me which led the falling out of our friendship. i had other issues as well.

Its better now. I've alread had sex. For me it was painful. Not sure if it was because I waited so long. Passed that milestone lol. I've decided to preserve my self-respect and diginity by not lowering my standards with men only want to "pump and dunp".
I'm sorry. I didn't realize my joke would hit such a nerve. I apologize. If it makes you feel better I've considered paying to lose my virginity. It's pathetic but I understand the frustration and depression that lead people to do "pathetic" things.

Last edited by Sjd1; 12-13-2014 at 01:21 PM..

Old 12-13-2014, 02:27 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,704,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I'm at the point where I'm thinking that if some of these folks put half the effort into actually going out and interacting with people that they do writing here, they'd have been over this two years ago.
Writing is simple and immediate. Acting is far more difficult. How many of our politicians write about balancing the budget, and yet how many actually balance it? How many investment gurus write about building enormous wealth in the stock market, and yet how many manage to just beat the indices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
As for the notion that losing virginity is a life event, I am sure that I am not alone when I say that it's probably one of the most overrated "milestones" someone can have.
While for me the physiological event itself was rather underwhelming, the emotional transformation was profound: "Behold, ye forces of nature! For now I too am human!" For me it was a milestone far more transformative than my PhD "hooding" ceremony, buying my house (or paying it off), or even getting married. Why? Because for years one feels a gnawing inadequacy, as separation from the mainstream of humanity. And when this inadequacy is finally addressed, it feels like having gone through a hail of gunfire, fording an impossible river, looking back onto the other side and proudly announcing that yes, I too have crossed.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:36 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,357,367 times
Quote:
I'm sorry. I didn't realize my joke would hit such a nerve. I apologize. If it makes you feel better I've considered paying to lose my virginity. It's pathetic but I understand the frustration and depression that lead people to do "pathetic" things.
It's all good.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:44 PM

52,215 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
If you haven't had a taste and you're 30... I'd seriously chip in to help out.... no man should be 30 and never have had the goodness that getting a little entails........

Life is short and painful and hard.... a good piece of booty is good stuff.......

Old 12-13-2014, 02:44 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,954,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well nobody has ever died from lack of sex, so I don't find it serious. Just more of media's pressure of ""Have sex, or you're pathetic or a freak."

Hopefully, the guy has other hobbies that keep his mind off of sex. I do find it more sad he hasn't been in love and had a relationship, moreso than the sex part. The feel of not getting to love someone, and thus nobody love you.

I find having no close "relationships" be it family, romantic, or friendships to be sadder than lack of sex. So, if this guy has no close family or friends either, then I feel horrible for him for that.
This is not a big deal. There are many things that could go wrong in a person's life than chronic virginity; AIDS, for starters.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This is not a big deal. There are many things that could go wrong in a person's life than chronic virginity; AIDS, for starters.
This is such a bogus argument. Pretty much everybody has sex without getting AIDs. Most people know how to minimize the chances of getting them. If you want to say that being a virgin is not a big deal fine, but don't bring up AIDs to reassure people.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post

While for me the physiological event itself was rather underwhelming, the emotional transformation was profound: "Behold, ye forces of nature! For now I too am human!" For me it was a milestone far more transformative than my PhD "hooding" ceremony, buying my house (or paying it off), or even getting married. Why? Because for years one feels a gnawing inadequacy, as separation from the mainstream of humanity. And when this inadequacy is finally addressed, it feels like having gone through a hail of gunfire, fording an impossible river, looking back onto the other side and proudly announcing that yes, I too have crossed.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:41 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Are you really qualified to make this statement? Most AIDS cases are from men passing it on to women or other men. If I'm not mistaken, you don't even sleep with men

Old 12-13-2014, 03:48 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,601 times
I would've ended my life by 20 if I was a virgin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology