Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 07:06 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,338 times

Advertisements

I am a 34 year old virgin. I have a sex drive but the concept of intercourse seems pointless and disgusting to me. I don't want to breed. I am addicted to masturbation. I don't have fantasies about intercourse. I think I feel it's disgusting because I feel like I wouldn't be able to do it. I feel like I would be judged negatively. I have been on one lunch date. That's the extent of my experience with women. I also have zero friends.

I have personality disorder Not Otherwise Specified, sex addiction (masturbation), Internet addiction (pictures of celebrities and message boards), OCD, social anxiety, and possibly major depression and Aspergers (Aspergers not likely by my estimation).

I am in therapy but I am totally non-cooperative in a passive aggressive way. I listen carefully to suggestions but do not retain. I say I don't want to change and my life is perfect the way it is but he says part of me wishes things were different. That is true, but the moments of motivation to change quickly fade away. It's far too easy to simply stay on the path I'm on.

I may be banned for this thread, because I've been warned that my threads are considered trolling. I don't think this is trolling, but probably being banned would be for the best since I am addicted to this forum.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:21 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,344,542 times
If you don't want to change, what's the use of people getting on here to tell how you can improve ?

Personally, I'd rather pet my dog on the head then get into a conversation with you about how screwed up you are.

But then again, maybe one day you'll awaken from your slumber and have an epiphany that you really need to change or realize that you really are happy just the way you are.

You're the Captain of your ship and the master of your soul.
Enjoy the journey or change your course.
Is it an adventure or is it an ordeal ?

Old 12-12-2014, 08:27 PM

12,106 posts, read 23,271,144 times
Not sure if there is a question in there or not. Really doesn't matter because we can't help you -- you have serious issues.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:50 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I am a 34 year old virgin. I have a sex drive but the concept of intercourse seems pointless and disgusting to me. I think I feel it's disgusting because I feel like I wouldn't be able to do it. I feel like I would be judged negatively.
Why does the concept of sex seem pointless and disgusting to you?
Why do you feel you would be judged negatively?

Old 12-12-2014, 08:53 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,254 times
*completely speechless at the extent this dude will go to get attention* wow!!!!

Last edited by Percentage; 12-12-2014 at 09:07 PM..

Old 12-12-2014, 09:00 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
If you really do not want to change then quit going to therapy and wasting your time and the therapist time so they can move on to someone who really wants help.
Stay as you are, continue down the path you are currently taking and live happily ever after.

At some point if you decide that you really do want to change find a therapis that will actually help you change the path you are taking.

Carry on and good luck...

Old 12-12-2014, 09:04 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,282,587 times
You have the power to choose your path.

I have no idea who you are or what you are dealing with. I have no idea if your overall self is internally destroying you, or if you feel you have balance and happiness in your life. Who says in order to be happy you must be in a relationship? A therapist? They are guides, not decision makers in your life. Anyone's advice is just blind guidance without knowledge of who you are, including what I am typing right now. Your happiness should only be determined by you, not others. Especially not from a forum full of faceless strangers.

Stand up, look in the mirror, and ask yourself the questions. Only you can answer them.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:05 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,284,410 times
So far as I am concerned, it IS your life... If you are happy with the way you are and there are no problems, then no reason to change.

I see no reason people should be coerced to be like everybody else "just because". I think people have a right to be any way they so desire as long as they are not hurting themselves or others.

I thought about this philosophical dilemma a long time ago when I was in college - studying psychology and Einstein at the same time. I put them both together and said "everything is relative"!

You have just as much right to say you are normal (and everyone else is nuts) as they do to say the same about you.

Again the main thing is no one is being hurt and there are no problems.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:45 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I am a 34 year old virgin. I have a sex drive but the concept of intercourse seems pointless and disgusting to me. I don't want to breed. I am addicted to masturbation. I don't have fantasies about intercourse. I think I feel it's disgusting because I feel like I wouldn't be able to do it. I feel like I would be judged negatively. I have been on one lunch date. That's the extent of my experience with women. I also have zero friends.
Well, hmmm. Have you thought about guys? Thats another path for you. Or maybe beastiality? A few like that route.

Something to make you happy? Doesn't appear that you are today.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:51 PM

10,728 posts, read 5,661,282 times
Is this real, or did Raj and Walowitz create another online persona for Sheldon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology