Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 01:16 AM

1,723 posts, read 4,097,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
A cheapskate? He puts a roof over her head (a nice expensive roof I might add), feeds her, clothes her, buys her expensive jewelry, takes her on expensive vacations, sporting events, movies, new smartphones every year (might want to check how much they cost off contact) and is about to purchase her a $40k minivan. You gold diggers are all alike, it's never enough. SMH.

When you got married did you fill out a financial form disclosing your entire assets including your piggy bank? Of course not. Neither did she as she failed to disclose that she planned to give away her assets and paychecks. Kinda sneaky don't you think? And you wonder why he doesn't trust her?

Last I heard marriage is about equal partnership and trust. Giving away all her assets to her mother and leeching off his money isn't equal partnership nor is it trustworthy. Maybe if she got off her lazy ass and got groceries once in awhile it might be different.
you sound jealous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 06:01 AM

91 posts, read 112,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT'ah View Post
Well...I usually consider women who make the excuse that they have children at home so they cannot work is LAZY and nonsense. It is called manipulation of the man so they don't have to work. If you want to stay home with a kid until they are 2 then go for it...but not 5 or 6 or 7.
I disagree with this. It's perfectly acceptable to have a mother (or even father, these days) home while the children are at home or early years of school. It's all about what works best for your family.

My wife and I have mutually decided it's in our best interest for her not to work until both of our children are in school (at the age of 5). At that point, she will look for a job at school or search for a job with flexible hours, as she is the primary caregiver of our children.

In the meantime, she takes care of our home: she cleans constantly, does all of our laundry (mine included), cooks our meals, takes care of our animals, etc. Now, she doesn't make the excuse that she "can't" work (she held a job while my first child was an infant), but its more convenient for us (and less stressful) to have her at home at this point in our lives.

OP, sorry for the thread hijack-but I had to address this mentality as I feel I come across it way too often..

Old 01-25-2015, 01:29 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
A cheapskate? He puts a roof over her head (a nice expensive roof I might add), feeds her, clothes her, buys her expensive jewelry, takes her on expensive vacations, sporting events, movies, new smartphones every year (might want to check how much they cost off contact) and is about to purchase her a $40k minivan. You gold diggers are all alike, it's never enough. SMH.

When you got married did you fill out a financial form disclosing your entire assets including your piggy bank? Of course not. Neither did she as she failed to disclose that she planned to give away her assets and paychecks. Kinda sneaky don't you think? And you wonder why he doesn't trust her?

Last I heard marriage is about equal partnership and trust. Giving away all her assets to her mother and leeching off his money isn't equal partnership nor is it trustworthy. Maybe if she got off her lazy ass and got groceries once in awhile it might be different.
Soo... why does he do all this if he doesn't trust her?

Or, maybe it's you with the problem here?

I'm confused.

He sounds like a guy who is doing for his wife, who is staying home with the baby.

That sounds reasonable enough if that's what they agreed to.

Maybe he's not happy that she was giving her parents money. Maybe he shouldn't hide assets from his wife (that's weirder than her openly giving money to her parents).

But... now that she's not working, how would she buy stuff? She'd need him to buy it either way... even if she went to buy it with his money.

She's not currently working for pay.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Seems to me like there's a lot of gold diggers here who are also unemployed and leeching off their spouses also.

What "homemaker" refuses to go grocery shopping or buy diapers for her child?

If my wife transferred all her assets and handed over her paychecks to her parents right after marriage, I'd throw her butt out on the street. When you get married, you're suppose to put your spouse as #1 priority. If her parents needed money, then discuss it with your spouse and give some of the money, not everything so you no money to buy groceries or diapers. Not only did she give them her newish car but probably close to $100,000 in salary. Yet she can't buy groceries..... SMH.

I'm not the only one who thinks she's a gold digger as everyone in our family is suspicious of her motives. So he's doing the right thing by hiding his assets.
You're right. Most homemakers go grocery shopping and buy diapers... WITH MONEY THE HUSBAND MADE.

Soo.. how's this really any different except she asks him to come to the store with her? Maybe she feels overwhelmed trying to shop with a baby???

Was your brother expecting her to keep this 100k nest egg and slowly spend it on groceries and diapers?

LOL.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:45 PM

861 posts, read 1,336,181 times
So when a wife hides her assets and paychecks from her husband while contributing NOTHING to the household, she's being "traditional" but if a man (who buys her everything she wants) hides assets, he's a lying dog? SMH.

Oh, I get it... these must be the man hating Femi-Nazis I've been hearing so much about lately.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:33 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times
Well an Home-maker is based on the breed-winners salary.

The problem is that his wife is probably not properly trained to deal with certain things like bills, and things like that.

Tell your brother to give her the entire weeks pay and see what she does with it for three months. If things do not work out when you balance the checkbook then call back again.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
Well an Home-maker is based on the breed-winners salary.

The problem is that his wife is probably not properly trained to deal with certain things like bills, and things like that.

Tell your brother to give her the entire weeks pay and see what she does with it for three months. If things do not work out when you balance the checkbook then call back again.
RegalSin.. there's only two people in that marriage, and the OP isn't one of 'em. OP should mind his own business and let them work it out.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:59 PM

Inside of an marriage their is also something called an referee. Marriage is like an sports game. We need somebody to call time out in between the two people or remind them of the rules of the game. This is where mother-in-laws, and father-in-laws get involved. poor idiots usually call the police, while rich idiots goes to an marriage councilor. His brother just feels that maybe somebody outside this boat needs to come in between the two before it rocks even further.

If the bred-winner gives full control over the money to the sub-servant person in the marriage. Because if this ship tanks and spills over we can easily see the sub-servant person ability to handle money. Business wise speaking. All in good fun.

Do not even consider sex and companionship as an plus or exception.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:04 PM

With all due respect RegalSin, the brother (OP) isn't exactly being impartial, and a referee should be impartial

and should only get involved IF the married couple asks him to be involved which they did not.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:56 PM

Sometimes people are just too stupid not to ask for some side-line assistance. Like an animal that hides the pain of being wounded.

Either way he should keep observation as security of his brother in case it turns out that she is just mining him. There is nothing wrong with his concern. It happens; that an relationship could go on to the point where an person is just being used until it is too late. In fact forget gold digger she could seen as an succubus. Tapping his blood stream dry until he hits rock bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology