Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: My type is:
INTJ 25 21.37%
INTP 10 8.55%
INFJ 12 10.26%
INFP 14 11.97%
ENFP 5 4.27%
ENFJ 2 1.71%
ENTP 4 3.42%
ENTJ 10 8.55%
ISTP 5 4.27%
ISTJ 13 11.11%
ISFP 2 1.71%
ISFJ 3 2.56%
ESFP 1 0.85%
ESFJ 4 3.42%
ESTP 3 2.56%
ESTJ 4 3.42%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 03:12 PM

20,349 posts, read 14,619,825 times

Advertisements

Female ENTJ, which apparently is a little rare?

Assertive/Analyst.

I got the same a few years ago taking a different test.

I find it interesting they call me an Analyst, that's what I do for a living actually.

21% Extraverted.
49% Intuitive.
24% Thinking
11% Judging
5% Assertive.

Seems about right to me I guess. Although FWIW, I don't need to be social all the time. I do get significant enjoyment from quiet alone time with, say, a good book. I can happily spend a weekend with a book, a comfy couch, and my cat. I like to be alone at home and super-social when I'm out. I have a very large network of friends and acquaintances. I like people...unless I'm in a mood for quiet. I can derive happiness from either situation...so it's always made me think, I'm not much of an extrovert or an introvert really. Or I'm both. ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 04:18 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,124,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Female ENTJ, which apparently is a little rare?

Assertive/Analyst.

I got the same a few years ago taking a different test.

I find it interesting they call me an Analyst, that's what I do for a living actually.

21% Extraverted.
49% Intuitive.
24% Thinking
11% Judging
5% Assertive.

Seems about right to me I guess. Although FWIW, I don't need to be social all the time. I do get significant enjoyment from quiet alone time with, say, a good book. I can happily spend a weekend with a book, a comfy couch, and my cat. I like to be alone at home and super-social when I'm out. I have a very large network of friends and acquaintances. I like people...unless I'm in a mood for quiet. I can derive happiness from either situation...so it's always made me think, I'm not much of an extrovert or an introvert really. Or I'm both. ??
I am a female ENTJ too. I have taken it a few times and it was always ENTJ. Then one time I took the test when I was going through a very stressful time and it came out INTJ. The test administrator said that people often have this happen under stress because when you under a lot of stress, your "adaptive personality" comes out. I do like to be left alone when I am stressed, so this is completely true of me. I am not much of an extrovert or introvert either. Whether I am alone too much or I am out socializing too much, I will start to crave the other. I guess I need a balance. I have never minded being alone but I also like to be around people. Maybe we are both. I have a job that requires a lot of analyst work and I definitely prefer working alone.

8% Extraverted.
15% Intuitive.
26% Thinking
16% Judging
56% Assertive.

Wow, I am shocked at how high the Assertive is! Never got this before. It must be from working in health care. I remember one of my first bosses encouraging me to "speak up." I guess I took that to heart. LOL

Last edited by Fiona13; 01-30-2015 at 04:36 PM..

Old 01-30-2015, 07:00 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,305,518 times
I used to work for a internationally known engineering company. I was given this test at work and came out as an INFP, reasonably appropriate to my position in communications. The vast majority of other people in my group tested with far different results, not unexpected given they were engineers. The test person singled me out and explained that my being different from the others contributed something unique and possibly very helpful to the group since I would see things differently than some of them did, which could be valuable to projects.

Apparently my boss didn't agree. He accosted me in the elevator and started ranting (in front of other people) about how he simply didn't understand how an INFP could function in the world. "How do you even balance a checkbook?" he said accusingly. In one of the few times in my life I actually came up immediately with a rejoinder, I replied calmly, "I don't have to balance my checkbook, John, I always FEEL I have enough money." I never heard another word about my INFP status.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:12 PM

11,650 posts, read 12,932,198 times
Male, INTP

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your impressive knowledge, ability to juggle multiple concepts and insatiable curiosity. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

^Okay, I'm not THAT smart.

I'm also 59% 'turbulent'. I may be self-conscious but not vain, perfectionist or success-driven. That percentage is too high for me!

Old 01-30-2015, 09:45 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,363,035 times
My post in a previous thread on same topic:
//www.city-data.com/forum/32022885-post14.html

I don't place a whole lot of stock in the test or types because for many of them, I could have gone either way (or felt that neither was accurate for me).
Realize that any assessment/list of questions is going to be overly simplistic, inherently reductive and lacking in nuance.

Just that, for me, more often than not, the items in the MBTI didn't help distinguish facets of my personality-they just frustrated me because I couldn't clearly choose A or B.
However, there's little confusion about my being far more introverted than extroverted-other than that, my answers & results aren't consistent.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:12 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,244,744 times
The test seems oversimplified to me. Personality is complicated. Asking oversimplified questions to try to pin it down might be counterproductive. If you sometimes behave differently than what people expect, there might be various reasons for it. This test doesn't seem to differentiate between those reasons. A person who gets frequent headaches might seem to have a different personality because of it. But what if those headaches are temporary and stop happening the following year? Does the personality actually change, or does it just go back to normal? A person who is hypersensitive to certain smells might seem not to be very sociable when in the presence of people who wear certain perfume or whatever causes the appropriate smells. A person who is hypersensitve to certain voices, or combinations of voices, might not like social gatherings, when people with those voices are present. Does that make that person non-social? What about gatherings where those voices aren't present.? There are so many influences on perceived personality, that no test like this could give a reliable answer.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:04 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,981,399 times
ESTP. And this is one of those few things where I agree with the premise, the results, and the conclusions. This test makes sense to me. Every time I've taken a MBTI test, no matter what questions are asked, I have ALWAYS ended up with a result of ESTP.

My life is basically a how-to manual on how to be ESTP.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:40 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,122,144 times
Enfp, seems to fit me perfectly

Old 01-31-2015, 07:13 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,095,943 times
Personality: INFJ

Variant: Turbulent

Role: Diplomat

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your deep thoughts, strong will and intuitive skills. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

These tests are always so hard for me because one moment I may feel something is true about me, then another time I may feel the complete opposite. Always fun to get an idea.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:39 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,158,957 times
i get a different result every time i take one of those tests...even using the same one. i am constantly changing and developing my personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology