Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 02:19 PM

40 posts, read 26,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
Last night, I dreamed that my BIL had made soup out of a pond that happened to be in his kitchen. I could see celery and carrot pieces floating around in it. His ex-wife was sitting on a stool at the kitchen counter. I dipped a ladle into the pond to taste it, and then I invited his ex to try some. She made a disgusted face and declined my offer. In another dream, my husband and I were eating dinner at a restaurant. Our waitress had given us phenomenal service. When the bill came, my husband paid with his card, and I saw he'd added a measly $2 tip (in real life, we're both generous with tips for good servers). I couldn't believe he was being such a cheapskate. I fished around in my purse and found a five dollar bill to add to the tip and put it with the bill for her. I noticed my husband grab the cash and put it in his pocket, and then I woke up.
Have you ever wondered what your dreams mean by looking it up in a dream interpretation dictionnary ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 05:45 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,572,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal_Heart View Post
Have you ever wondered what your dreams mean by looking it up in a dream interpretation dictionnary ?
I don't have a dream interpretation book. I have wondered many times how my mind comes up with this stuff and what it might symbolize. But how would I know if the person who wrote the book truly knows what our minds are symbolizing through our dreams?

Old 11-25-2015, 05:58 PM

40 posts, read 26,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
I don't have a dream interpretation book. I have wondered many times how my mind comes up with this stuff and what it might symbolize. But how would I know if the person who wrote the book truly knows what our minds are symbolizing through our dreams?
I don't know either .According to psychology dreams are a representation of unconscious desires, thoughts and motivations , but i don't see this a justification for some of our dreams , at least for me.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:36 AM

Last night, I dreamed that my husband and I met up with some friends at a restaurant. The wife handed me a large spoon with that looked like chocolate pudding on it. I put it in my mouth, and I realized that it tasted horrible. That's when the woman started telling me how upset she was because they had bought my son's old car not knowing he had never changed the oil. That's when I realized that what she had showed me on the spoon was the old oil. I went off to find someplace to spit out the sludge in my mouth and was surprised to see another of my sons approaching me. He was with some girl. He told me how much the girl he was with reminded him of some actress who had died, and how he was thinking they could be related. As I listened to him talk, I kept sticking my finger in my mouth and awkwardly trying to scrape out the sludge. Suddenly I noticed his right arm had several large tattoos, all with video game themes. I was very upset and grabbed his arm to look at it. I told him I hoped he didn't plan on getting any more tattoos, and he said he did plan to. Then I was going to leave the restaurant, only instead of being with my husband, I was now with a close friend. There was an Asian woman outside who looked homeless. We watched her climb into a dumpster. We walked over to the dumpster and peered down at her. She had laid down to sleep. Somehow my friend found a blanket and pulled it over her to tuck her in. My friend worried aloud if she'd be comfortable in there, and I assured her that she looked very comfortable.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:37 AM

I dreamed that I was part of a large adoptive family. In my dream, I was a child again, but with different parents. One of my siblings was Elmo from Sesame Street. I heard one of my sisters tell my dad that Elmo had been to a Rick James concert the night before. Somehow he managed to get up on the stage with Rick James. Rick James was so impressed by his hilarious antics that he decided to reward him with a brand new truck. Elmo then told Rick James that he would also have to arrange delivery of the truck to our house. I thought that was pretty nervy of Elmo to ask for that when he was already getting the truck for free. I looked out the front window just in time to see the tow truck backing Elmo's new truck into our driveway. I found it very odd to dream that I had a puppet for a sibling.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:41 PM

23,646 posts, read 13,838,693 times
Not quite a dream......

........just suddenly remembering as I watch a 70's spy show, The Adventurer (TV Series 1972 , the memory that today I said "hello" to someone in French and then as I was about to say "thank you", I hesitated on saying it in Arabic but instead, said it in a European language, probably French, but it could have been German.

The thing is, I haven't met anyone today where I would have said "such". So the only conclusion is that I must be remembering a segment of a dream, but neither am I remembering the rest of the dream nor am I recalling it as a dream.

As it goes, I am preparing for a small, quick part where the primary character I am using does speak in several languages for greetings, I finished watching a WWII (end of it) era flick last night, and I tried to fall asleep last night with fantasies about ex KGB agents. I suppose any of them could have triggered such dreams, but the first is the closest.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 03-16-2016 at 10:54 PM..

Old 03-17-2016, 07:11 AM

526 posts, read 451,949 times
I keep dreaming of moving to Australia. Never any other country. Just Australia. I've never even been there.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:14 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,830,409 times
A dream that I had when I was probably 9, or 10 years old haunted me my whole life, because it made no sense until 2008 when my Father died. At least my interpretation of it sufficed my anguish over it. In the house I grew up in the kitchen door opened to the garage, and you could see all the way to the back of it. In my dream I heard my Father screaming and calling for help, so I ran to the door, and opened it. Looking into the garage I could see a ring of fire in the middle of the garage with flames leaping up almost to the ceiling. My father was in the middle of the circle, and jumping up, trying to escape the flames. Curiously, they didn't burn him, but appeared to simply torment him, as in Dante's purgatory. As I tried to figure a way to save him, I began to see lions leaping up around him, and tearing at his flesh, though he didn't bleed. Each time he would go down, and come back up, he would be whole again, and the cycle would begin all over.

I puzzled over this dream my whole life until my Father had a stroke in 2008, and as the days wore on before he passed 10 days later, the meaning seemed to be clear to me. Daddy had told me over the years that when it was his time he hoped more than anything not to be subject to the living hell his Mother endured after having a stroke, and being trapped within herself, not being able to function normally. He told me he would gladly choose swift death than the slow death of a stroke. And in having the stroke, his worst nightmare had become reality. The dream began to become more understandable in the final days before Daddy died. The fire that didn't consume surely was the living hell he was enduring not being whole, and trapped within himself. I believe I had seen my Father's death at a very young age, but didn't have the knowledge to realize it.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,777,918 times
This popped up as a Facebook memory.

I had the strangest dream last night. It was a cartoon. There were a bunch of round animal characters (they looked like the angry bird characters) and they were bouncing around singing a catchy song.

Then suddenly, they were attached to a bar, like swings or marionettes and started singing "we don't have to sing and dance anymore" over and over again.

The strings disconnected, they rolled away and I woke up.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:38 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,743,565 times
Every few months I'll dream that I am back in college. I will have came back from break and have gotten all the way to my finals. The only problem, is that I signed up for a class that I forgot all about and have been no-showing this class the whole time. This class is required for graduation, and I am now doomed!

I wake up in a panic and then remember that I have graduated college (years ago), and I have nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology