Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 02:12 PM

468 posts, read 582,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
I'm around 100K in student loan debt. I have a master's in Education and am still working as a substitute teacher. I'm very lonely, but I don't even attempt socializing outside of work and structured activities, usually, because it's easy to make mistakes and make people mad, at least that's what I keep telling myself. It feels like everyone has some kind of magic formula for living life that I haven't figured out. No one cares about me, either. They think that because I have a degree it should be easy to find work or that maybe I'm not trying hard enough. I feel like I majored in the wrong field, but I don't have enough money to go back and do something about it.

I also graduated, so I'm going to have to look for another counselor. Life stinks sometimes.

You are not the failure. Seems like you have done a lot for yourself. YOU GOVERNMENT has failed the whole country. There is our problem right there. Too many bureaucrats meddling in our lives destroying everything that is good about We the People. Run for office and make the world a better place to live. "Tikkun Olam" should be your credo. Nobody has to like you. You just like yourself. I am not saying be a narcissist jerk, but like your self enough to live your life like it was your last day on the planet. Lonely? keep busy doing something worthwhile and you will attract like minded people. Common ground brings people together. You were put on the earth. It is a journey, a lot of times it is a bumpy ride. It is what it is. You write your ticket. Right now there is a "massive" failure mode for everybody because of the anti-social, anti-American government in power. He/they are pulling the rug out from under everyone. We are in the same boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 04:15 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzd View Post
OP - You have received countless suggestions over the last few months, from joining Toastmasters
to how to redesign your website to which computer languages to learn.
I wonder if you have acted on any of them.
I must agree with this. So am not going to respond again. Sorry.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:36 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
No offense, but judging from your other threads, you seem to be very confused and all over the place about life in general. For example one moment you want to move to NYC, the next you wanna live somewhere that's "green" and "unrestricted". You also write a lot about Asperger's.

My sense is that you have a mountain of debt from student loans because you've been using "school" to escape dealing with your local "reality", such as it is. And now that avenue has finally been exhausted.

For starters I'd say to get the heck out of Alabama, where you apparently have no social life anyway. And am familiar enuff with southern "culture" (I have relatives in Georgia, Oneonta & Birmingham), to know that the "South" in general also probably ain't the best place to be, for socially awkward Asperger's folks!

NYC is fine, but it's expensive and frankly there are probably too many opportunities for you to get in trouble and be taken advantage of there. Also most other larger cities on the NE coast are gonna have a higher COL and likely not a good fit for a number of other reasons as well.

Have you considered somewhere "Out West", like say Colorado, Oregon or WA State, all of which have thriving tech areas (which you seem to be attracted to), but also have reasonably affordable 'rural' areas nearby as well? You know how to use the 'interwebs', so start doing your research… and when you're finally even minimally 'ready', just pack up your car, head on out… and don't look back!!

Old 02-13-2015, 05:14 PM

356 posts, read 365,251 times
Shoot I lost my job(fired) my house my GF(was going to marry her) my car(crashed it) back in 2007 fell into depression took(drinking drugs) me a few years to get back on my feet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGUr6wzyT8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology