Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 04:28 PM

34 posts, read 41,306 times

Advertisements

There are so many movie and PC games heroes that are cool when get angry and state their positions.

but why is it so much despicable in real life? I thought holywood contraption are just reflection of modern society desires and fantasies. Why is it so cool in movie to say "Damn you man!" And that punch him to the face but in real life if you show sings of impulsive anger (lets say someone is attacking you verbally, bulling, trying to push over and so on) with reasonable response (such as sharply but clearly and rationally exchange opinions) such a laughable behavior?

Is it because lack of control is sing of immaturity and weak personality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 04:42 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times
I doubt it's a sign of weak personality, or immature nature.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
I doubt it's a sign of weak personality, or immature nature.
REALLY??? Then why everybody tells me otherwise????

Old 02-20-2015, 05:46 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,475 times
Movies and pc games are outlets for fantasizing. It is all kept in the mind.

Doing those things they depict in the movies and pc games in real life can actually hurt people.... not good and not cool.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:59 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcoholix View Post
REALLY??? Then why everybody tells me otherwise????
Because it's a cop-out to make people without those traits, or hate those traits feel better about themselves via false justification. Ya know, like how people say bullies hate themselves. There is no way a general statement covers everybody and every situation. If I say something like all gay guys are wimps, or all black people are ghetto, I would get in trouble on here, so why are all.people with impulse control, immature, or all bullies have low self-esteem? It's a simple human emotion, and honestly a natural act to want to fight, people just try so hard to seperate themselves from other animals, and animalistic instincts. Not all animals fight, either. Some people are quick to fight, others choose to talk it out or let it slide, what gets me is when they think the are the better person, or higher life form, because of it- which is just as arrogant as the guy who'll punch you in the face for running your mouth.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Because it's a cop-out to make people without those traits, or hate those traits feel better about themselves via false justification. Ya know, like how people say bullies hate themselves. There is no way a general statement covers everybody and every situation. If I say something like all gay guys are wimps, or all black people are ghetto, I would get in trouble on here, so why are all.people with impulse control, immature, or all bullies have low self-esteem? It's a simple human emotion, and honestly a natural act to want to fight, people just try so hard to seperate themselves from other animals, and animalistic instincts. Not all animals fight, either. Some people are quick to fight, others choose to talk it out or let it slide, what gets me is when they think the are the better person, or higher life form, because of it- which is just as arrogant as the guy who'll punch you in the face for running your mouth.
Exactly! People think they are better when they "act cool and moderately" in any situation possible, but the truth is most of them is simply too afraid to express their real feelings because they think others will ridicule them or even they might hurt. Standing against bully at work with straight head is despicable, calmly suffering his terror and nagging to your boss behind his back is perfectly correct reaction. "Don't talk to someone's face. What he will think of you? Instead of that go talk to others about him and make hell of his life that way."

I have been thinking for years what makes us better from animals. Is it love? Animals sure feel it too. Inteligence? Apes can use coghnitive abilities just as human but in limited extend. Is it culture? Scientist found traces of culture in animals too, besides, learning by imitation and conspiring what are typical features of culture (for instance) are animals perfectly able too.

Then what is that? Conscious altuism!! No animal ever will sacrifice himself for others only because it believes it's the right thing! Sure, mothers throw their life for their children, partners for the other half, friends for friends but that's because they have deep in their instincts fixed that it helps them survive! If I save my children, I ensure survival of my family (and my gene). If I help friend, he will take care of my relatives... for instance.

So, when you face bully because you know it might hurt you, you might get in danger but you are doing that not only for yourself, but for the good of society, THEN you are actual human! You sacrifice yourself for the unconditional good of others. THAT is true humanity!

Thanks man! You found answer to one of the biggest riddles of my life and made me feel much better now!

sincerely, thanks!

Old 02-20-2015, 07:19 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcoholix View Post
There are so many movie and PC games heroes that are cool when get angry and state their positions.

but why is it so much despicable in real life? I thought holywood contraption are just reflection of modern society desires and fantasies. Why is it so cool in movie to say "Damn you man!" And that punch him to the face but in real life if you show sings of impulsive anger (lets say someone is attacking you verbally, bulling, trying to push over and so on) with reasonable response (such as sharply but clearly and rationally exchange opinions) such a laughable behavior?

Is it because lack of control is sing of immaturity and weak personality?
Movies and video games depend on conflict and drama. Real life, not so much (excepting maybe attorneys and the kinda women who are attracted to "bad boys")!

Old 02-20-2015, 07:27 PM

897 posts, read 1,180,352 times
No. Because how is it attractive if that destructive behavior is turned on you? If the person hits you or smacks you or shoves you or causes harm to you, how is that hot? Or drags you into something that's destructive? No.

Also, how is it attractive or even cool to have someone randomly punching people and flipping out whenever they get angry, whether its justifiable or not? That kind of contradicts the definition of "cool". They group cool in with "calm, cool and collected", not "cool, hot headed and brash."

Er.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
You'd have to have problems to be attracted to it.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjury15 View Post
No. Because how is it attractive if that destructive behavior is turned on you? If the person hits you or smacks you or shoves you or causes harm to you, how is that hot? Or drags you into something that's destructive? No.

Also, how is it attractive or even cool to have someone randomly punching people and flipping out whenever they get angry, whether its justifiable or not? That kind of contradicts the definition of "cool". They group cool in with "calm, cool and collected", not "cool, hot headed and brash."

Er.
explain why is it cool in movies but not in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology