Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 03:31 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,913,886 times

Advertisements

by that I mean im an open book and spill the beans on stuff. I cant lie about real things, yet I lie about fake things because I feel it helps me feel amoung others. like a fake GF and such.

but truth is, im a nice guy who tries for friends, real friends and yet all I FEEL is I get ppl who just use me for their benefit. I feel since I lost my best friend to his now wife, I lost everything.

I literally have no reason to keep on, but somehow I do. I think the logical thing is to end it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 03:42 AM

897 posts, read 1,180,815 times
This is confusing to me. So you lie about things that don't exist, but you're honest about things that are real? How does anyone know what's real vs fake in your life? I think at the end of the day this just makes you a pathological liar. I knew someone like this... she'd lie about things that she really didn't need to lie about. I asked her if the dishes were washed once, and she said no, even though she just finished washing them. She was weird like that.

I'd say end it if you want, but if the lies are innocent and don't really do much harm, do whatever makes you happy, so long as it's not affecting you or others.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:02 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,913,886 times
id lie about like a gf once, but id exaggerate others(to me its lieing) but im honest for the most part. like ill tell ppl the t ruth but id bend it so it made me look better.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:17 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
by that I mean im an open book and spill the beans on stuff. I cant lie about real things, yet I lie about fake things because I feel it helps me feel amoung others. like a fake GF and such.

but truth is, im a nice guy who tries for friends, real friends and yet all I FEEL is I get ppl who just use me for their benefit. I feel since I lost my best friend to his now wife, I lost everything.

I literally have no reason to keep on, but somehow I do. I think the logical thing is to end it.
Check out this book: No More Mr Nice Guy: Robert A. Glover: 9780762415335: Amazon.com: Books

You're faking your way through life because you're afraid if you're actually honest about who you are and what you want, you'll be rejected. You can't be upset with people for rejecting you though, if they've never actually met YOU.

You are using them via being "nice" and doing favors 99% of the time they probably didn't even ask you for, in order to have some sort of unspoken IOU from them that they'll like you. Look at your end, it's the only part you can control.

If I sound a bit harsh, it's because my last ex was this guy, too. Never said what he wanted but never failed to punish me for not reading his mind and delivering it anyway...either passive-aggressively, or worse, having a tantrum worthy of a two-year old. But he sees himself as a giant victim, "After everything I've done for you!!" and all that BS. It's hard to maintain attraction for someone like that, because it's impossible to ever have real intimacy with a person like that.

Good luck to you, but make no mistake, this is not about changing the people around you, it's about changing you.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:54 PM

53 posts, read 66,898 times
Ahh, another "nice guy" who isn't so nice inside. This is why women typically avoid that type. Post above mine is solid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology