Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 11:17 AM

89 posts, read 131,655 times

Advertisements

This might sound stupid but I'm seeing a girl and we went out about 2 days ago. Yesterday evening I was thinking about her and the fact that I like her. We were talking today on the phone and she said "Yesterday I was thinking about you too" If she only said "I was thinking about you" I would say "ok" but she added "too" so is like she knew that I was thinking about her. Now, you might think is just a coincidence but she told me months ago that she dreamed that there were dead people walking in her neighborhood, only to discover that about 80 years ago, indeed, there was a major accident where many people died.
By the way, I didn't know if I had to post this here on in the "Mystery" section. Feel free to move it if needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 11:57 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,801,433 times
I think only some people can. Usually it's not a neurotypical person (I am not) which would make sense because the brain can only store so much information so if you had a mental disorder you have room for these kinds of abilities.. Even if people do have this ability, they can't tap into it. It's kinda like That's So Raven. She can't control her visions they just come.
I wouldn't say I read minds like a psychic (I wish I did sometimes haha) but I do have an innate ability to read people. Some of it is analytical but sometimes it is unexplained. My guess is she is the same. She probably was picking up on your body language and tone.
The subconscious mind is very powerful but it is usually dormant. I have had dreams that predict the future though they happen rarely. However I also have experienced moments of deja vu in waking life. The example I can think of was Cory Monteith. I didn't know anything about him. I don't even watch Glee so I couldn't have known he had a drug problem but yet somehow I feel like I had already heard about him dying.

Last edited by Nickchick; 03-03-2015 at 12:12 PM..

Old 03-03-2015, 01:28 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,541,687 times
Not sure if people can but I can tell you that my dog certainly does! He knows what I'm about to as I'm thinking it. Especially when its his bath time! LOL

Old 03-04-2015, 03:29 AM

5,378 posts, read 3,569,710 times
my wife certainly can read my mind....like a book!

Old 03-04-2015, 07:42 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,755,140 times
Well the dream thing is a little freaky. I never talk to my ex, but once in a blue moon a dream of him will pop up. Then I hear from him the next day out of nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology