Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 06:00 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,763,183 times

Advertisements

I am at a point of my life where I have had open doors for several different positions, but the same feeling came up with each opportunity - the emotional state.

I feel you need a balance between professional, emotional, and social status to have all functioning right.

If you move and already have emotional problems and trouble making friends, then it will soon carry over to the professional life.

I am sure there is more studies into this topic, but common sense tells me this is true.

I saw myself still working emotionally and socially and I knew even I made a bunch of money and had the perfect job I would be depressed if I spent that money doing activities on my own and having no support structure to move through change.

So I decided to pass on opportunities and give myself more time to build new relationships and also work out my emotions and continue to identify who I am, what I want, and where I want go.

I feel in America we are struggling more than other nations in that older generations don't reach out enough to guide younger generations. I feel older generations push on to the younger generations to support the consumer culture and in a way encourage younger generations to disconnect with their emotions and wanting to build relationships and develop their lives about wanting to get more material things.

Anyways, I'm open for discussion on this topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 08:45 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Well sure depending on the emotional problems but if your emotional problems are because you don't have a professional life then obviously they won't be a problem after a job.
Plus no matter what the emotional problems are they can be fixed after obtaining the job. You could get a better therapist with your salary. A job can also keep you busy so you won't have as much time to be emotional and could give you a sense of purpose.
I'm a loner so I don't really care about making friends. I just want to earn my own money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology