Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2015, 06:25 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times

Advertisements

''The thoughts I think determine the relationship I attract...
You are the thinking, vibrating attractor of your experience;
and the thoughts you think determine everything about the life that you live.

Not only does the power of your thought determine which people make their way into your life,
but the power of your thought determines how they behave once they get there.''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
I'll start...

When I look at my relationships particularly with close friends...I see this to be true.
In basic terms, if I see a friend as a pill...then they always are...if I see them as a loving,
wonderful person...that's how they 'are' to me then.
My opinion or view can change in a week....and that week my friend is nicer to me...another
they are a real pill.
It's like I'm sending out a radio wave to their unconscious and they act according to my projecting.
You?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 07:38 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Sure, the ideas of the Shadow, Projection and the Laws of Attraction are well known. There's also the notion of "Cognitive Bias", where we actually tend to seek out only the information and "facts" that confirm our biases, assumptions and preconceptions.

Although we can also turn it all around and ask ourselves, how much of who we are is really just a result of all those "expectations", and does that mean we're simply the projections of 'others'?

Old 03-14-2015, 07:03 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Sure, the ideas of the Shadow, Projection and the Laws of Attraction are well known.
There's also the notion of "Cognitive Bias", where we actually tend to seek out only the information and "facts" that confirm our biases, assumptions and preconceptions.

Although we can also turn it all around and ask ourselves,
how much of who we are is really just a result of all those "expectations",
and does that mean we're simply the projections of 'others'?
Why mateo, you're way deeper than I thought! hahaha.
xxoo

Added: I might as well introduce that the universe itself is a hologram, many theories
or books on this, not some trippy thing I made up ...
so who's projecting the whole thing? Ha! Who's the One?
What does that then make us?
(This is pretty much my focus everyday of my life;
feeling, connecting with that Source inside me...that's
inside everyone I see!)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 03-14-2015 at 07:43 AM..

Old 03-14-2015, 07:58 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
^ ^ Nah, afraid I ain't that 'deep' (or "New Agey"…lol)! Just asking the obvious reciprocal question, how much you feel you're simply a product of what others are seeking to "attract"?

In other words, are your thoughts attracting folks like me (and why)… or is it the other way around?

Old 03-14-2015, 08:26 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Karma is real, there's a balance in life

do unto others and it will be mirrored

as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he

be thankful, stop being critical, if you have nothing nice to say- ****!

one day we will all see our lives in a historical perspective- like on a huge video screen,,
we will feel the hurt ,,,or chain of hurts we've done unto others
and how we treat others,,,determines where we go

this world is energy, be light not darkness, be a sun for the shadows , it will warm people .

what is cowardess but the ability of the body to recognize its own weakness, and what is heroism, but the body to recognize its own strength? so, like dark & light, the hero and coward is one, it cannot exist by itself
walk in the light of your own path, it will be lit by your faith and confidence, the darkness comes from others if you allow it in

the path to wisdom is asking questions

be a coach in life,,not a cop,,,, a cop points out whats wrong, while a coach offers solutions with a "we" approach

small minds talk/gossip of people, bigger minds talk of ideas/possibilities

are you a "how can we" ?? person , or "this is why we cant!" person ??

Old 03-16-2015, 10:18 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
''The thoughts I think determine the relationship I attract...
You are the thinking, vibrating attractor of your experience;
and the thoughts you think determine everything about the life that you live.

Not only does the power of your thought determine which people make their way into your life,
but the power of your thought determines how they behave once they get there.''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
I'll start...

When I look at my relationships particularly with close friends...I see this to be true.
In basic terms, if I see a friend as a pill...then they always are...if I see them as a loving,
wonderful person...that's how they 'are' to me then.
My opinion or view can change in a week....and that week my friend is nicer to me...another
they are a real pill.
It's like I'm sending out a radio wave to their unconscious and they act according to my projecting.
You?

Or maybe you see them as loving BECAUSE they ARE loving. (So you're just evaluating their behavior and coming to the conclusion: they are loving). So it's not like you decided that they will be loving before even meeting them and they turned out to be loving (as though your thinking had anything to do with it).

So if your opinion of your friend changes, it's most likely because their behavior changes. You analyze their behavior and realize: oh, they are a pill today. Then tomorrow you analyze their tomorrow's behavior and you observe: oh, they are acting nice today.

People act different ways in different times.

That's my view point anyways.

So for now, I see no basis to think that my thoughts are affecting the person's behavior. (Unless, if I am thinking that this person is nice, I will be acting that way towards this person and if I think that this person is a jerk, I will be acting as I would towards a jerk. And they would respond to my actions and maybe mirror my actions. Then, in this case, my thinking could cause the person to act a certain way.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology