Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 07:43 PM

3,350 posts, read 2,833,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
You would think in a feminized country like the US, women would embrace their femininity more but it's quite the opposite. You are correct in that American women collectively are very masculine compared to women from different countries. It's hard for people to understand if they haven't traveled to multiple countries. Hyper-feminine women are not as common in the United States. The United States also has some of the most masculine lesbians I've ever seen in my life.
Now we all have a choice.
I wear dresses and I love sports.
Most of us are in middle of spectre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 08:37 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,921,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
God knows what would happen if a woman tries to rapes a man in a less developed, anti-women society.
So you think American males who are raped by women should just "be a man and take it?"

Old 03-13-2015, 08:38 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,921,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Now we all have a choice.
I wear dresses and I love sports.
Most of us are in middle of spectre.
Are you a male or a female?

Old 03-13-2015, 09:07 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,379,789 times
How do you know this only happens in the US? It's also not commonplace wherever it happens. When it does occur, it's in the news, but it's still unusual.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:33 PM

12,281 posts, read 7,988,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
God knows what would happen if a woman tries to rapes a man in a less developed, anti-women society.
For trying to have sex with a child which is the bulk of the woman rapes men cases? Or having sex with someone other than her legal husband not actually rape at all but just as illegal in much of the world?

Old 03-13-2015, 10:59 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,441,499 times
I have the sudden urge to watch Disclosure again.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:25 PM

897 posts, read 1,174,603 times
The thing is in other countries women are often seen as uh... inferior. Woman raping a man? Impossible! Thus, it never makes the news as such. I think in these countries they would never dare it, either.

A woman would also never try it. In more modern cultures I'm sure it happens, though. Americans probably never hear about it since we're so ethnocentric/obsessed with our own culture and country.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:30 PM

3,350 posts, read 2,833,885 times
Quote:
Are you a male or a female?
I am female

Old 03-14-2015, 07:50 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,195,918 times
Quote:
Rape is wrong no matter which gender is doing it but you have to take into account that these Middle Eastern countries are not sexually liberated nations like the Unites States is. So women have absolutely no excuse to rape anyone given how easy it is for them to get sex from a male.
It's not about getting sex. That seems to be a widely misunderstood perception of rape and where it will never be understood by the OP and others.

(And religious leaders condone that in the middle east so it must be okay.)

Old 03-14-2015, 07:59 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,195,918 times
Quote:
So you think American males who are raped by women should just "be a man and take it?"
No victim should "take it" but our society makes it very difficult for anyone to report. Male or female. When your wallet is stolen and you report it, no one puts you through the ringer and makes you prove that you're not at fault for having been robbed.

I can empathize with people who don't understand the crime of sexual assault. I used to be that way.

Rapists are criminals. Why shoplift anything when you're rich enough to buy it? It's not about having the object, it's about the thrill of the crime.

Sexual assault victims are in fear for their lives. They are made to believe they will die. Or they are disabled by drugs/alcohol. Either way the control of their own bodies is no longer theirs. The perpetrator has control over them. There is so much guilt over it many victims totally self-destruct. Rapists should die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology