Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 09:11 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,145,154 times

Advertisements

I still play video games! I also still watch my favorite cartoons like Rocko's Modern Life, Eek The Cat, Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show and Super Mario Brothers (show, not the movie lol). I have recently rekindled my love for 80's animation. I watched the Carebears one night and I felt amused by it. I loved that movie when I was little.

My fiance and I play video games whenever we are up for it. I enjoy playing fighting games with him, and I recently really gotten into puzzle games. I am looking forward to dusting off the ol' PS2 and playing Onimusha. As a matter of fact, I may play some Soul Calibur tonight.

I turned 32 and my love for these things have never died. I just have less time to do them is all. My career comes first. I have shared with other people I engage in these activities and they are unsure how to respond. So I tend to keep it to myself.

Do any of you adults out there still watch cartoons and play video games/board games? We can still be a kid at heart right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 11:37 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
I still play video games! I also still watch my favorite cartoons like Rocko's Modern Life, Eek The Cat, Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show and Super Mario Brothers (show, not the movie lol). I have recently rekindled my love for 80's animation. I watched the Carebears one night and I felt amused by it. I loved that movie when I was little.

My fiance and I play video games whenever we are up for it. I enjoy playing fighting games with him, and I recently really gotten into puzzle games. I am looking forward to dusting off the ol' PS2 and playing Onimusha. As a matter of fact, I may play some Soul Calibur tonight.

I turned 32 and my love for these things have never died. I just have less time to do them is all. My career comes first. I have shared with other people I engage in these activities and they are unsure how to respond. So I tend to keep it to myself.

Do any of you adults out there still watch cartoons and play video games/board games? We can still be a kid at heart right?
The day that you allow what others think about your 'little child' to mold you, is the day life will stop being fun for you. HEALTHY people have all sorts of things they find fun and you don't seem to be neglecting any children by doing them or missing work because of them.
Life is too short...keep that kid inside of you alive and happy....or your life won't be so much.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:29 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post

Hellz jeah!!

I still play NES, mostly on my computer, every so often.

Whenever Small Wonder is on TV, I'll watch.

I like streaming Youtube videos on School House Rock.

And, the kid in me will get the urge to browse children's books sections to look at cool illustrations.

And, I still like bouncy houses (looking for adult bouncy house rec centers)!

Old 05-02-2015, 02:35 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,111 times
I still play video games at 29. Like you said, I take care of my career first. I'm frugal, responsible with money, and am gainfully employed. I also don't play it in lieu of family activities, but when she's studying or not around, that's probably the activity I do most!

With my ex, I'd hide how much I played and I knew she didn't approve. I'm glad I can be open about it now; she has said before, "Hey, I don't blame you. You take care of your business and it's your way to unwind." Ah, love.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:05 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,798,952 times
Yes, of course--after all, among other things, I still like the Teletubbies and I enjoy swinging on the swings at the playground for a couple of hours (non-stop) at a time!

Old 05-03-2015, 01:54 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,306,523 times
I play games on the computer.

Once in awhile I dig out the crayons and coloring book and just color away.

When the urge hits, I go buy a roll of Necco's and enjoy.

I like to sit outside and blow bubbles.

When I take walks I often pause to get on a playground swing. Still love them.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:16 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,406,162 times
I go to the park alone to swing sometimes and sit out there to think. Other than that? Not much..

I'm an adult and have adult interests.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:54 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,125,079 times
I'm, almost 58 and although I act as an adult most of the time, there's a kid in me that has always come out most of my life. I'll do anything to make my family and nieces and nephews and now great nieces and nephews laugh. There is no better medicine than laughter. My sons were quite entertained by me as children.

I'll be the one they sit around talking about with a smile on their faces long after I'm gone. They consider me their favorite aunt because of it. They even have a video of me putting on a skit for them in a silly costume.

I'm proud to say that I inherited that trait from my Mother, who had the biggest heart of anyone i know.

I'd much prefer to be remembered with love and laughter after my death as opposed to being an old sour faced fuddy duddy.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:53 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I play games on the computer.

Once in awhile I dig out the crayons and coloring book and just color away.

When the urge hits, I go buy a roll of Necco's and enjoy.

I like to sit outside and blow bubbles.

When I take walks I often pause to get on a playground swing. Still love them.
I recently took the toddlers out and made a BIG chalk 'hopscotch' on the driveway and showed them how to play it. They cracked me up trying so hard to 'get it'....jumping & hopping all around. We used bean bags from the cornhole game instead of rocks to forgo any ER visits. I believe I had a better time than they did!
Not sure HOW I would have explained it to the ER docs IF I had fallen and broken a hip! THAT won't stop me any time soon. I've heard enough lies in the ER in 38 yrs to use one if needed....'my dog got under my feet' always works.
I still color and blow the bubbles with the toddlers, too. I just wanna be a toyz-r-us kid!

Old 05-03-2015, 10:04 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,145,154 times
Awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology