Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 01:10 AM

765 posts, read 986,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Yes he does. And I hear some men can do it, but I'm not one of them. And I don't feel flawed for it, even if some guys can blend into a group of beautiful women without feeling at least attracted. Their loss. Lol
Guess im in the group as well
I have enough friends but they are all guys
It continues to amaze me how a lot of the woman i meet put guys in the friend zone and im talking about the single woman yet they are having a hard time finding a man

I am straight forward and tell woman what I seek and desire and i rather be honest than be lying thru my teeth or have a woman cheat on their boyfriend with me or pretend im someone im really not

Once i get the I JUST WANT TO STAY FRIENDS mentality
I have absolute no interest or desire to chase the fellow woman other than the one that are interested developing romance love and affection together
Hey imma great guy if they wanna have it thier way its their loss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 01:12 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
I would never be "just friends" with a woman I wanted to have sex with. I'm friends with a woman but it's more of a brother-sister friendship.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:13 PM

[quote=newdixiegirl;38979728]Um, because she might be a really good person who truly cares about you and enjoys your company? The older one gets, the more one realizes how rare that is in life. Men who refuse to be friends with attractive women are shortsighted and, ultimately, self-defeating.

It's also hurtful and insulting for a woman when she learns that a guy who's been so "friendly" and "kind" will dump her in a nanosecond as soon as he learns there will be no sex. As if that's all the woman has to offer. As if her only value as a human being is her vagina. Honestly, life is too short for that. No wonder there are so many lonely, angry single men out there. They've probably dismissed lots of women who could have been great, lifelong (platonic) friends to them in ways their male buddies could never be.

I'm that type of guy sorry. If I have no chance to date a woman, we will not be friends. I'll forget those women and find women who want to date me.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Ladies, y'all need to understand some things about men.

When you friend-zone us, it is a form of rejection. It says to us "you're good enough to talk to, but not good enough to love or to have sex with."

Men are the opposite of women: we don't want to have a lot of friends, especially a lot of female friends. We want a few guy friends, and we want a very close connection with one woman.
This. I have enough friends. Once a woman says she's not interested in a relationship with me, I cut her off. I'm not interested in being her friend.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:27 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
Because they usually want to have sex with her!

Old 04-20-2015, 12:14 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Why?
Because you likely subconsciously think of women as mere objects for the purposes of your potential sexual gratification.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:27 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Because you likely subconsciously think of ATTRACTIVE women as mere objects for the purposes of your potential sexual gratification.
We're talking about attractive women, don't change it to all women. For example I would be friends with Hillary Clinton, I am not at all attracted to her.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:06 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Why?
It can be done. A lot depends on the nature of the relationship, the clarity of the boundaries, the presence or absence of sexual tension, a person's experience with that sort of relationship in the past, etc.

Is it difficult. For me, yes. Sometimes. Now that I'm becoming single again, maybe more difficult since I'm more available than I've been in 15 years. I truly don't know.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:48 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
If a woman friend-zones a man, she thinks "this is great, I have another friend to talk to." To her, it's a win-win.

That same man is thinking "although we won't be sharing any emotional or physical intimacy, she'll nevertheless expect me to listen to her talk at length about things I am uninterested in - which I would be happy to do if we loved each other, or if we were at least having sex." To him, it was a waste of time, money, and energy.
This post assumes that the man gets nothing from these conversations, but is rather listening to some air-head blather on about chick flicks and recipes or something.

I'm friends with a guy right now, very good friends in fact, and we are providing some excellent mutual therapy for one another. I'm helping him with advice on getting his life straightened out, he has many problems and I'm very good at advising logical solutions to them. We are supportive of one another's life goals. It's cool. Now interestingly, I, the female, began to have some feelings for him that had to be resolved into the proper context of friendship. He on the other hand has zero interest in sex or a relationship, because of his health, history, issues, problems, he feels that he has unhealthy attitudes towards it all that need to be worked out in addition to some physical stuff he's going through a process of doctors' visits for. But long story short, HE is the one who is completely unavailable. All the circumstances of the matter total up to both of us being squarely in the friend zone, I'm the only one who started feeling a little too attached for a minute there.

But anyhow, I think that maybe we are looking at this the wrong way a little bit.

I've observed that men tend to be goal oriented. Women are more multi taskers in life, juggling all kinds of thoughts, plans, complexities and motivations...a guy would usually prefer to tackle one big problem with single minded intensity, resolve it, and move on to the next. If a man is on a MISSION to find love or sex, or both, then he is not really focused on forming friendships along the way at that point in life. If he gets to a point where he is no longer driven by this goal, then he might be more open to those friendships regardless of whether there is an attractive, unattractive, whatever female in the equation...his mission of love being satisfied, he can then relax and be friends with whomever.

The problem with this, is that the most successful men in the realm of romance are those who aren't on a mission. They are relaxed about the whole thing and just letting stuff find them. If you are a dude on a mission, then you really are viewing attractive women as an objective, and you're really not interested in them as human beings or potential friends or anything, but as a commodity to satisfy your personal problem of loneliness or simple lust. Ever notice that some men navigate the world of love and sex with greater ease than others, making those who have to work for it complain about "alphas" and good looks, money, whatever they think those guys have and they do not? Well I've known some real players who have it easy with women, who were nevertheless quite happy to be my friend even though they weren't EVER going to get any and they knew it. It doesn't stress them because they've got half a dozen ladies on speed dial that they can hook up with whenever they want.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:55 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Its possible. Some men are completely capable of compartmentalizing, adhering to social etiquette and not acting on their attraction. However, women should realize that the attraction is usually there below the surface and rarely goes away completely.

I have friends who are gals that I think are attractive that I never got around to asking out. There might be a multitude of reasons.... bad attitudes, they were already in relationships, improper given the present relationship, etc.

However, if a guy finds you attractive and most of those roadblocks disappear, then there is a very good chance that they will proposition you for some kind of romantic outing/date/whatevs.
But that's just being really good at hiding how they REALLY feel which is that they want to have sex with the hottie. So, that means they're really not "friends" if one of the people has a sexual attraction to the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology