Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 09:16 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times

Advertisements

Your day(s) off should be a day of rest - and that includes not showering if you wish. You can especially not shower if you are not going to be around any people or not up close/sitting next to them.

Also in the winter, I don't sweat/stink, so can go without a shower. In the summer I may take two showers in one day. So "as needed".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 01:50 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,371,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Shower at night before bed,
^This is what works for me, showering the night before.

If I had to shower when I got up each day, I'd never make it out of the house (within a reasonable amount of time).
Then again, I'm a night owl rather than a morning lark, so it makes sense for my lifestyle/schedule preferences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
Your day(s) off should be a day of rest - and that includes not showering if you wish. You can especially not shower if you are not going to be around any people or not up close/sitting next to them.

Also in the winter, I don't sweat/stink, so can go without a shower. In the summer I may take two showers in one day. So "as needed".
^Also agree with this.

It depends on the weather/season, how much one is (or isn't) sweating. Skin gets super dried out in winter, but not in heat & humidity of summer.
In winter, I'm wearing 3 layers of clothing (shirts & sweater), but in summer, not so much-
that's another reason to shower/bathe more in summer, compared to during the winter (when folks are all bundled up).

Old 04-18-2015, 02:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Lol! Lilac!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiLL_W-kLBw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

Old 04-18-2015, 09:46 PM

687 posts, read 616,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
^This is what works for me, showering the night before.

If I had to shower when I got up each day, I'd never make it out of the house (within a reasonable amount of time).
Then again, I'm a night owl rather than a morning lark, so it makes sense for my lifestyle/schedule preferences.

^Also agree with this.

It depends on the weather/season, how much one is (or isn't) sweating. Skin gets super dried out in winter, but not in heat & humidity of summer.
In winter, I'm wearing 3 layers of clothing (shirts & sweater), but in summer, not so much-
that's another reason to shower/bathe more in summer, compared to during the winter (when folks are all bundled up).
I agree with you and all those you quoted.

I do get into a routine where I work too much, then on my day off I sit around in my PJs and order take out and watch movies and then beat myself up for not getting chores and stuff done. Then about half-way through the second day off, I become very productive and feel better again and like a real human. Then back to work.

So OP, I am sure you will feel better about all this if you didn't work so much. Give yourself a break!

Old 04-19-2015, 12:56 AM

897 posts, read 1,180,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Human genitalia SMELLS if it's not washed daily. Especially the ass!
... How dirty are you? Do you wipe yourself properly?

Old 04-19-2015, 02:57 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times
never understood the need to shower or bath daily. has no one ever heard the term "strip wash" before?

Old 04-20-2015, 05:45 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,724,877 times
I feel for you because I sometimes have the same issue. As soon as somebody says I look nice like the people at Dunkin Donuts I feel like I have to look fabulous now everytime I set foot in there. I just realize I need to say oh F*** it and just go out some days without getting all made up. It works out fine and nothing bad happens to me just because I look like poop on certain days

Old 04-20-2015, 05:47 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
If you have long hair, wash it every 2 or 3 days.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:25 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Thanks for the lol.

Nose blind.....sprays are like perfume on a pig.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:32 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
Maybe YOURS do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology