Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:35 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times

Advertisements

Except that they don't, because I wash them daily. But you go on ahead with your bad smelly self

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 10:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
On my days off, there are things I enjoy doing, and I want to get out the house to do them.

But for whatever reason, the whole showering/getting-ready routine is just exhausting. I get sick of going through the whole ordeal every single day in order to feel comfortable leaving the house.

I know it's a first world problem, but still. Some days (on my days off), I procrastinate and procrastinate it until it's too late in the day to bother anyway. Then I get depressed about a wasted day.

Anyone else somewhat relate?
OP, what's your routine? What is there to do that could be exhausting? On your day off, don't you just get dressed and that's that? I always shower in the evening before going to bed, so I don't need to shower in the morning. I just get dressed and go. There is no routine.

But in view of your very long 6-day work schedule, I can see why you'd want to take it easy on your one day off/week. You sound stressed. Is there no way you can cut back on your work schedule? This doesn't sound healthy, tbh.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:30 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Human genitalia SMELLS if it's not washed daily. Especially the ass!

You have smelled every human genitalia on the planet to know this for sure?

Original Poster: On the day that you don't work why not try getting up and relaxing for an hour then get into the shower and get ready to leave for the day?

That way you have broken the routine a wee bit, you shower later but still leave to do what you want to do with plenty of time and no wasted day.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:17 PM

733 posts, read 853,454 times
Quote:
On my days off, there are things I enjoy doing, and I want to get out the house to do them.

But for whatever reason, the whole showering/getting-ready routine is just exhausting. I get sick of going through the whole ordeal every single day in order to feel comfortable leaving the house.

I know it's a first world problem, but still. Some days (on my days off), I procrastinate and procrastinate it until it's too late in the day to bother anyway. Then I get depressed about a wasted day.

Oh my gosh, yes, I relate completely. But I would say, just change something up a little, like get up EARLIER and take the shower immediately. Don't delay. THEN have your coffee, tea, etc, or give yourself a treat by going out to get breakfast, fast or otherwise. Changing it up by getting up earlier worked for me. Otherwise, I had the "take a shower" sword over my head and didn't enjoy all the time I spent procrastinating for "whatever" reason getting ready bugged me on the weekends. Maybe I should examine WHY, but doing a workaround seemed easier.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:19 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
I'm still scratching my head as to why anyone can't skip a shower and makeup ONE DAY A WEEK; how dirty and unsightly au natural are you? Even if you are, who cares??? Relax; it's the weekend.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:29 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
never understood the need to shower or bath daily. has no one ever heard the term "strip wash" before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm still scratching my head as to why anyone can't skip a shower and makeup ONE DAY A WEEK; how dirty and unsightly au natural are you? Even if you are, who cares??? Relax; it's the weekend.
I don't understand how someone couldn't shower everyday. Many people like being clean and there's no reason to feel bad about that.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:51 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
I'm sure we all like being clean; my point is, unless you've performed hard manual labor or mud-wrestled, you're probably not "dirty" after 24 hours. Why not shower three times a day to ensure that you're "clean"? There's a point where concern over this (and hiding behind makeup) becomes neurotic.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:11 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm sure we all like being clean; my point is, unless you've performed hard manual labor or mud-wrestled, you're probably not "dirty" after 24 hours. Why not shower three times a day to ensure that you're "clean"? There's a point where concern over this (and hiding behind makeup) becomes neurotic.
No it's neurotic to you. Once a day everyday is not what most people would consider neurotic.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:11 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
No it's neurotic to you. Once a day everyday is not what most people would consider neurotic.
Exactly. Especially for those of us who are active, ie workout and/or hike or mountain bike every day.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:12 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
Quote:

I hear ya.
The whole showering and getting routine is exhausting for me too. I feel like I could use a nap afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology