Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 11:41 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,377,619 times

Advertisements

raped? At first, I thought that these people were just suing to fatten their wallets, and this was ridiculous. Then I thought Well, maybe it could happen, but not for a reason as stupid (IMO) as this. What do you think?

Lesbians Claim “Mental Rape” After Christian Family Wouldn’t Bake Them Cake | The Gateway Pundit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 12:03 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Not the best source for referencing... Some details might help understand.

Business owners who can't refrain from offending potential customers, violating human rights;
plain stupidity imo.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:44 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,294,951 times
That link above is HARDLY a news story????

The WHOLE story is at the following link and it says the shop refused to bake a wedding cake for the lesbian couple. This was a case of "discrimination". I think the "mental rape" was NOT the main point, just a "bargaining chip". The main point was "discrimination"...

State Says Bakers Should Pay $135,000 for Refusing to Bake Cake for Same-Sex Wedding

Note: I found the whole story by searching google.com for the name of one of the ladies along with the word cake. Quite a bit of difference between the "entire story" and the 1st link listed above!

Old 04-27-2015, 01:10 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,418,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
raped? At first, I thought that these people were just suing to fatten their wallets, and this was ridiculous. Then I thought Well, maybe it could happen, but not for a reason as stupid (IMO) as this. What do you think?

Lesbians Claim “Mental Rape” After Christian Family Wouldn’t Bake Them Cake | The Gateway Pundit
Mental rape implies the person has no control whatsoever over their own thoughts. There's a sense of coercion, which occurs at a level where people are brainwashed.

I believe mental rape can occur in a form of mental torture, physically altering a person's thought perceptions.

It's sort of like social programing or social engineering. Mental rape can occur when people feel they have no options, and don't really think of options, except they lay down and accept what is told, don't question and act like human robots. People create a cognitive dissonance between what they socially accept, and compromise their ability to exercise free will by denying, and accepting the propaganda very passively. But that's got to involve a compromise in a physical neuro altercation of their brains (i.e., diet, water quality such as flouride water), and then through thought (apathy) and actions (inaction or the act of carrying out actions encouraged by others, i.e., people who are taught to kill).

Old 05-03-2015, 12:08 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,799,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Mental rape implies the person has no control whatsoever over their own thoughts. There's a sense of coercion, which occurs at a level where people are brainwashed.

I believe mental rape can occur in a form of mental torture, physically altering a person's thought perceptions.

It's sort of like social programing or social engineering. Mental rape can occur when people feel they have no options, and don't really think of options, except they lay down and accept what is told, don't question and act like human robots. People create a cognitive dissonance between what they socially accept, and compromise their ability to exercise free will by denying, and accepting the propaganda very passively. But that's got to involve a compromise in a physical neuro altercation of their brains (i.e., diet, water quality such as flouride water), and then through thought (apathy) and actions (inaction or the act of carrying out actions encouraged by others, i.e., people who are taught to kill).
You appear to have done an extremely nice job of explaining this! Kudos to you for this!

As for my own views on this, frankly, I see no reason to disagree with and/or to dispute anything which you wrote here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology