Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:02 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,952,967 times

Advertisements

I think the OP just posts about this once in a while to try to get people to read his blog. Unfortunately, it's really just a person's journal-made-public, with no citations or references, or compelling points for discussion or debate. It's just a guy's thoughts. I journal about that kind of stuff too, but I don't blog about my thoughts, because I don't think other people would have much to gain by reading my own thoughts about human behavior. Sometimes I start threads here if I wants to make some observation about human behavior into a discussion. Sorry OP, but this may be why you don't get a lot of followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 01:06 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,953,826 times
Tracy: I'm the same way. I have a lot to share with people, and as a pastor I have the opportunity weekly. However, in my experience, not many are really much interested in what I have to say, or what anyone has to say. The vast majority of people think they have most of the answers, and if they get in a discussion, they will only listen to people who agree with them. IN fact, I think that is what they're really looking for many times is people who will give them attaboys, positive reinforcement, and agree with them. They don't really want to hear opposing attitudes, and that is easy to see here on many threads.

I've learned that I gain wisdom and insight by reading other peoples comments and observing people's behavior. LIke today, I had an discussion with an older man, and he cursed at me. That event caused me to come to a new hypothosis. The younger generation is in reality no worse than the younger generation. AS the saying goes, "one fool raises another" IN other words, young people behave bad because they learned it from their parents, IMHO.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:14 PM

Having a lot to share with people is different from broadcasting your random thoughts and expecting people to want to read them and join your blog. Have you read the OP's blog? It's just little essays on his thoughts about human behavior.

I'm sure that people who know you and respect you do want to know what you think, and what you have to say. But some stranger who is not a recognized scientist in human behavior? I'm sure of I was the guy's friend or relative, I'd be happy to follow his blog. But most of us are not going to get anything out of reading his passing thoughts.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:35 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,953,826 times
The only and I mean the only reason that my congregation should listen to me is that I do my best to teach them from the word of God in the Bible, not my own passing ideas. If my ideas conflict with the Bible, then I am the problem and should be ignored. That is why people do listen to what I have to say, although I'm sure that some don't always like what I have to say, even if it comes from the Bible.

Personally, when it comes to things like understanding human behavior, I'd rather listen than talk. I'd rather learn. That way I avoid doing stupid things.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:48 PM

331 posts, read 383,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
They're short.
That's true, but I think most people prefer to read something if it's short and sweet.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksy23 View Post
That's true, but I think most people prefer to read something if it's short and sweet.
Short & Sweet are fine. But it should be informative and/or compelling too.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:26 AM

331 posts, read 383,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Short & Sweet are fine. But it should be informative and/or compelling too.
Thanks TracySam.

Overall, though, do you think the posts are well-written?

Old 06-13-2015, 04:05 PM

15,619 posts, read 15,754,668 times
Let me put it this way:

I don't think a psychology blog should be written by anyone other than a professional, especially considering the insane glut of blogs. And a professional doesn't need to trawl for advice on topics.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:35 AM

Agree

Old 06-15-2015, 06:45 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,421,035 times
[quote=rocksy23;39369137]My friend recently sent me the link to a psychology blog he's been working on. It centers on how to understand people:

that was good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology