Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 11:17 AM

218 posts, read 394,037 times

Advertisements

This always seems happen. I'm reliable, timely, don't cause drama. People always seem friendly and want to talk then a few months or sometimes a year down the line I feel as if they aren't as friendly. I try to make brief conversation but if they don't seem interested I back off. I then totally withdraw and become an outsider feeling like everyone hates me or are whispering about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 11:25 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian4488 View Post
This always seems happen. I'm reliable, timely, don't cause drama. People always seem friendly and want to talk then a few months or sometimes a year down the line I feel as if they aren't as friendly. I try to make brief conversation but if they don't seem interested I back off. I then totally withdraw and become an outsider feeling like everyone hates me or are whispering about me.
I feel the same way and just made a thread about it.

I try to make brief conversation and people don't seem interested, so I back off and go back to my desk. There are a few people who are always friendly.

Unless you have a lot of charisma or are people's cup of tea, I really don't think most people have any interest in really listening to what you have to say. I mean, some people will, but most not.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:26 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:

Could it be because you're too nosey?

//www.city-data.com/forum/work-...d-already.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ow-people.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/work-...e-6-weeks.html

Last edited by jaypee; 05-04-2015 at 11:36 AM..

Old 05-04-2015, 11:29 AM

Other people can talk for hours about their kids or dogs and people seem so engaged. Stories that go on and on. I keep mine brief but nobody seems to care. I feel so unliked all the time. When I was younger and attractive (although I never thought I was) I now imagine maybe people were jealous but now I'm 40 and 40 lbs overweight so I doubt that's the reason.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:36 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

You asked "Why do coworker always seem to like me at first and then get weird?" and I gave you an answer based on your past postings. It sounds like you don't think that's the reason why everyone , not just one or two people, shuns you. Maybe it IS something else but, except through your postings, noone here knows you from Adam.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-04-2015 at 11:57 AM..

Old 05-04-2015, 11:37 AM
J24

448 posts, read 863,538 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Jaypee is just bringing up a valid point. Maybe you don't mention things like that in the work place, but if you have a habit of talking about them online, perhaps you say things at the office and don't even realize it. Clearly you have strong feelings about certain co-workers as your previous threads have exhibited.

I'm not saying that's why they don't seem to like you, but maybe you should take a look in the mirror and see if maybe, just maybe you might be saying things or having a certain attitude that is causing your co-workers opinions about you to change.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-04-2015 at 11:57 AM..

Old 05-04-2015, 11:39 AM

I don't say anything. Nobody knows how I think. And the person who is always late and calling in (not anymore so she must have been warned) is the one that talks to me all the time.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:41 AM
J24

448 posts, read 863,538 times
Quote:
I don't say anything. Nobody knows how I think. And the person who is always late and calling in (not anymore so she must have been warned) is the one that talks to me all the time.
Then maybe it's all of them just being jerks? Your thread title says "Why do coworkers always seem to like me at first" which implies that this job isn't the first one in which this happens. With that said, if it's happening at multiple jobs, surely it isn't just the coworkers, is it?

Old 05-04-2015, 11:43 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (reply to comment which has been deleted).

Maybe your co-workers use your non-verbal cues to come to the conclussion that you are overly judgemental, so they no longer communicate with you?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-04-2015 at 11:58 AM..

Old 05-04-2015, 11:43 AM

People tell me I suffer from paranoia and misread people (like maybe they are just having a bad day) and then I withdraw myself and people think that I'm just antisocial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology