Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 07:52 PM

908 posts, read 1,660,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
there's no reason that her immediate supervisor couldn't tell her kindly, to tone it down

I am the supervisor when the boss is gone. He will be gone from the 7th of this month until July 30,2015

She is white. I am very familiar with the drama that Latin women show.
I wasn't necessarily talking about "Latins". there's plenty of white people who I was referring to as mediterranean type of culture- could be for instance French, Italian, some Brits or even Jewish, who may have white skin, that sharp tone, open mouth and dramatic display of emotion. We don't really know people's ancestry right off the bat.
but if it's too much, then it's not a good fit, and you can do as you need to do. I just personally have more tolerance and like to talk things out with people, let them know what's expected, in a way that's not going to result in defensiveness. also I have ways of helping people like her to feel less stress, it's in MY tone i use with them and words I SAY. That 90 days for me would entail A PERIOD OF ADJUSTMENT , not just "being on trial". But not everyone can do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 08:41 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,221 times
BPD and HPD

Borderline Personality Disorder and Histrionic Personality Disorder.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:20 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
It is all behind me now.The boss was gone from 7/14/2015 till 7/30/2015.
Got along with the secretary pretty well. She got herself in a mess by trying to force clients o do things her way and when she said. Told client by email that she was sending the fax in 20 minutes and was that ok. She waited 2 hrs and sent it anyway.
The next morning a email from client says Do Not under any circumstance send it to that number.They didn't want the receptionist to see it. I told her what she had done and then she broke down crying and carrying on and had a panic attack..I told her to go take an hour off and then comeback to work.She went home and took a XANNAX. When i told her how she could make her life a lot easier by not trying to bull over everyone and make them do it her way. She said she was just trying to do good. Any way she smoothed out for me. Just before the boss got back; she told me a term that a friend told her she was. I can't remember it. Anyway it describes a woman that has a crush on a man significantly older than her. That would the boss. 73 vs 43! Happy to be retired.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:55 PM

828 posts, read 907,408 times
What you've described doesn't sound like a mental illness. She sounds angry and combative, and that's super rampant anyway. She could be depressed. She could also have a mental illness, but it's just not clear from your description.

Have any of you considered that she might be traumatized? Someone committed suicide in front of her. This is the Psychology forum. You'd think some of you would imagine what kind of impact that could have on someone's mental health.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
What you've described doesn't sound like a mental illness. She sounds angry and combative, and that's super rampant anyway. She could be depressed. She could also have a mental illness, but it's just not clear from your description.

Have any of you considered that she might be traumatized? Someone committed suicide in front of her. This is the Psychology forum. You'd think some of you would imagine what kind of impact that could have on someone's mental health.
You may have hit. Her first husband shot himself in the head right in front of her several years ago and he second husband had a heart attack and died.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:58 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
Sounds like a typical drama queen to me. Some people just thrive on chaos and problems and drama. I've known plenty of people like this. I would just distance yourself as much as you can.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
Sounds like a typical drama queen to me. Some people just thrive on chaos and problems and drama. I've known plenty of people like this. I would just distance yourself as much as you can.
Agreed.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:16 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
I agree with this. People live what they know. She probably has no idea how to conduct her life any other way or how to have relationships with people who are different from the ones she finds to keep the drama going.

We've all known that woman who meets abusive man after abusive man, finally finds a man who treats her well and then dumps him. They don't know how to live a different way.

Similarly, I knew someone who told me that her first boyfriend more or less raped her when she was a teenager--she didn't actually want to have sex, but he sort of forced himself on her and she didn't know how to say no. She had a child, and he was gone. (That was many years ago, and the kid is an adult now.)

Then as time went on, there were more stories. Her dentist sexually abused her. Her brother-in-law came into her room one night and had sex with her. Her boss made passes at her. After a while, you are asking yourself how one person can continually have these things happen to her. Is it her perception? Is she sending some sort of signal to these men unconsciously? Not trying to blame a sexual-abuse victim, but most women get through life never being sexually abused--how does one person have this happen to them ten times?

Old 08-22-2015, 09:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
U need to retire and u need to remove yourself from her bad movie
She is a short timer
She is going down
She wants to take u with her
Run

Old 08-25-2015, 01:55 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Versatile -

Some people just like chaos. I worked with a young woman like that and we seldom had a day's peace. Our suspicions were confirmed when her life started to stabilize and then she broke off into behaviors to sabotage that stability and spin out the drama. It wore us out. I wish I had suggestions but, unless you're happy with her work, all I can say is "pray" that she goes elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology