Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 08:46 PM

286 posts, read 261,799 times

Advertisements

i've known hundreds of people who NEEDED killing in the worst way, actually. You guys must have lived very sheltered lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 12:14 PM

283 posts, read 326,629 times
One of my worst fears is going to prison. That alone is enough to keep me from being a criminal

Old 08-07-2015, 09:17 PM

16,465 posts, read 10,487,049 times

Old 08-07-2015, 09:39 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,019,044 times
You need to seek help that's not healthy

Old 10-22-2015, 02:05 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,240,839 times
There are a few politicians that I've thought if they dropped dead, it would be fine with me. I think there is a difference in wanting to kill someone and thinking you might smile if they suddenly died. My feelings on this matter are towards those who abuse power and money. I guess it's good to know that fear of going to jail does stop some people from doing violent acts.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:23 AM

1,305 posts, read 1,123,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonest View Post
i've known hundreds of people who NEEDED killing in the worst way, actually. You guys must have lived very sheltered lives.
Not letting someone get under one's skin doesn't equal to having lived a sheltered life.
In fact, some of the people that have suffered from abuse actually turn very pacifist, they hate vengeance, because they don't want any more violence in their lifes.

(Others turn into bitter, resentful ticking bombs, akin to nitroglycerine. They will explode in your face at the slightest perceived threat.)

Old 10-22-2015, 05:25 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,499,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Aspirer View Post
Well just one example would be a couple of guys in the gym i go to. They are rude, ignorant and their attitudes rile me up, but i keep it bubbling away inside and sometimes i see them doing a chest press and would love to just push their arms so the bar falls on their chest.
I knew a guy like those described; a mr body builder. A friend dated him for a while, turns out he was carrying scares from a rough childhood, over-weight and bullied and felt entitled to spread the misery around. Dont take it personally; sounds as though you have anger issues too. Do yourself a favor; stay out of relationships; partners are known for pushing buttons. Hope she wont be a statistic.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:00 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,086,761 times
I've had those feelings. They went away when I found ways not to be around the person. Go to the gym at a different time so you don't have to see these guys. If you find more people you want to kill at the new time then get some help dealing with your feelings and uncover what's really causing such an extreme reaction on your part.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:39 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,891,819 times
Probably not completely normal, but something that more than a few people feel occasionally. I think it has to do with having one's own life in order and feeling empowered and self-assured. I think if you can get to the point where you feel a general sense of self-effectiveness, you probably won't think this way anymore.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:44 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,090,038 times
I've been having these same sorts of thoughts against a former boss over, the past couple of months since getting fired from some place I've worked for three years over a minor thing.
Apart from developing a hatred for military members and people from the south, I've also been reading up and watching videos about incarceration life and other, long-term consequences that follow the initial "lock up" period.

As much as I'll have to admit, I've been looking at getting into serious strength training again just to make myself appear much tougher in the event I do end up getting arrested and jailed or imprisoned for some "fly-off-the-handle" mistake.
Things are fine enough right now, but the general dread of knowing I might have to continue living in the same, small town I was trying to transfer out of for the sake of "wanting to redevelop a steady job pattern" is just making me cringe in the gut all the more so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology