Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 02:51 PM

263 posts, read 759,440 times

Advertisements

I am just starting to date someone that makes some violent remarks in regard to animals. I have a cat that will not use a litter box due to anxiety and behavioral issues that I keep in a room with a vinyl floor. Well anyway my date says the cat needs a beat down and that she'd take the cat and throw it against the wall so it lands in its litter box and pisses itself. She has also said about another cat that was feral in the neighborhood and biting people she would have taken a baseball bat to it. Are these comments red flags? Could this be a violent person? She is also quick to refer to other women that she may be mad at as "c&$ts, f'n b*tches" and ect.

Any input would or thoughts be appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 02:56 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,367,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
I am just starting to date someone that makes some violent remarks in regard to animals. I have a cat that will not use a litter box due to anxiety and behavioral issues that I keep in a room with a vinyl floor. Well anyway my date says the cat needs a beat down and that she'd take the cat and throw it against the wall so it lands in its litter box and pisses itself. She has also said about another cat that was feral in the neighborhood and biting people she would have taken a baseball bat to it. Are these comments red flags? Could this be a violent person? She is also quick to refer to other women that she may be mad at as "c&$ts, f'n b*tches" and ect.

I think you should get rid of the person immediately.

Red flags- definitely!!!

Old 07-27-2015, 03:01 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,308,916 times
I can't believe you even have to ask. Are you kidding me?

Old 07-27-2015, 05:09 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,655,170 times
Cut this person out of your life immediately, and do not EVER reconnect or speak again. That's sociopathic.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:13 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,331,459 times
He's nuts, and you need to get away from him.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:59 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,319,501 times
Danger! Danger!

Dump this girl with a quickness!

(I don't care to be around anyone who is cruel to animals.)

Old 07-30-2015, 12:20 AM

22,643 posts, read 19,347,780 times
Quote:
. Are these comments red flags? Could this be a violent person?
major red flags
run the other way as fast as you can

it is said that the people we are dating show us everything about themselves the first few weeks we are getting to know them. problem is we ignore it, or say it's not a big deal. then down the road there's a big old mess and we're looking back saying i knew it all along, i had a feeling about that, i wish i'd paid more attention to it

trust your gut please, major red flag, run the other way
or....if you ignore it....know you are at risk, and are knowingly putting yourself in harm's way

your intuition is a very valuable source of guidance in your life, it provides you with insight, information, please pay attention to it

Old 07-30-2015, 05:21 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,790,674 times
What's that old saying- when someone shows you who they are, believe them. Don't overthink this, don't question this person's behavior. There are no excuses. This is a horrid person- stay far away, nothing good can come of this relationship.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:11 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,127,879 times
Major Physcho! Don't wait around to find out what other violent tendencies are lurking in that!

Old 07-30-2015, 06:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,124,300 times
Quote:

Yikes. That is not good at all. If you're just starting to date, you'd think she'd be on her best behavior. I'd hate to see her WORST behavior.

Tell her buh-bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology