Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 11:03 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,189 times

Advertisements

I am little frustrated because I am so predictable, textbook predictable.

Only few years ago I remember feel a panic in my gut & that my life needed "fixing". Up on doing research/reading online I learned it was very common for 20 something to have quarter life crisis. I knew about mid-life crisis but never knew there was a 1/4 life one. But ok good.

Now as I turned 30, last few months I been restless with the similar filling of "I am not happy with life, it needs fixing" followed by "why am I trying to rock to boat when I have it pretty well". Now as I do more reading online/study, I learned there is 30 Crisis. This is a great article that explains it 30 Crisis – A Life Crisis Around Age Thirty

Again I fit the bill so well. but this is only 5 years after quarter life crisis. This lead me to think, how many other age related crisis are there, it feels like we re-evaluate/invent ourself every 5 years. I can imagine 35 to be a big crisis year for women (maybe baby related with the time ticking). Why is there so many crisis and need to re=evaluate and relearn everything and how do we manage it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 05:30 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,284,410 times
Actually that is more like it, instead of just a mid-life crisis!

Seems to me people have many more crises in their lives than just one!

Old 08-05-2015, 08:08 AM

Is something wrong with us (people in general) if we have so many identity crisis every decade or every 5 years? Why do we need to constantly "fix" things and "change" things up.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:33 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,284,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Is something wrong with us (people in general) if we have so many identity crisis every decade or every 5 years? Why do we need to constantly "fix" things and "change" things up.
Well I think that is just life in general. Life has its ups and downs.

And that is a good thing. Because without the bad times, the good times would not be so good! Also "Variety is the spice of life."

Old 08-05-2015, 09:00 AM

309 posts, read 515,694 times
30 and 40 are the typical crisis/opportunity milestones.

Especially around 38 to 44, which to many can be a long struggle over how to improve that stubborn part of life they've always experienced troubles.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
30 and 40 are the typical crisis/opportunity milestones.

Especially around 38 to 44, which to many can be a long struggle over how to improve that stubborn part of life they've always experienced troubles.
Do you think that has something to do with past life expectance being approximately 30-50 years? that for eons human have survived this many years & now that we live much longer we are replacing death with "change in life". As it was pointed out, many divorce and huge career change takes place around that age. Where as in past death sort of took care of the change one might want

Old 08-05-2015, 09:17 PM

309 posts, read 515,694 times
That's a very intriguing way of looking at it, Kera. Never thought of it that way.

It feels like there is a natural rhythm that comes around everyone's life cycle. Everyone being born differently facing challenges in different areas.

Mellow people tend to not have strong experience during midlife. Nervous people seem to react more to this period.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:37 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,354,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
That's a very intriguing way of looking at it, Kera. Never thought of it that way.

It feels like there is a natural rhythm that comes around everyone's life cycle. Everyone being born differently facing challenges in different areas.

Mellow people tend to not have strong experience during midlife. Nervous people seem to react more to this period.
Oh, so that explains it. Thanks for describing me!

Old 09-14-2015, 04:01 PM

31 posts, read 25,869 times
I'm having one at the moment and it sucks. For me, it is a quater life crisis atm.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:12 PM

19,016 posts, read 27,579,284 times
Keep it simple. Life per se is continuous crisis. It's a crisis of a soul, lost to itself, tossed into the physical existence, without any understanding what it is and why it is the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology