Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:20 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,302,876 times

Advertisements

I play my PS4 but not 24/7. I have to work as well lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 10:13 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,475,494 times
My husband got his XBox 1 finally and are into playing Destiny now. Him and his friends are playing together via xbox live. So annoying. lol.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:09 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,806,194 times
I'm guessing that I would enjoy them if I played them. After all, I loved the arcades when I was a teenager during the golden age of arcade games in the 1980s - Defender, Donkey Kong, Asteroids, Joust, Zaxxon, etc. And I'm pretty sure I'd really like the strategic games and the roleplaying games.

But I've never even considered buying a console.

First, I'm not interested in spending the money. Second, I find doing other things - reading, writing, hiking - far more stimulating and satisfying, and in a way that lingers on beyond the activity. Third, I understand what a time-sink games can be. Back in the mid-1990s I played a lot of the card game Magic. In many respects, it plays like a video game. We'd sit down in the evening and-- boom!-- it would be 3 am almost before anyone had noticed. I was never willing to bring a device into my home that was going to monopolize my time in that manner. Fourth, I have children. Giving them yet another option of sitting in front of a video screen instead of reading didn't seem like a wise choice. This was reinforced in 2007 when I cancelled cable because of a dispute with the provider, and suddenly the reading frequency of all three of my kids skyrocketed.

I don't have a problem with video games and it doesn't bother me that others enjoy them. But I have better things to do with my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology