Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 09:54 PM

862 posts, read 1,197,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwtm View Post
Some amount of cruising and sex in bathrooms is done by guys who are married and not "out". Rather than having a relationship they just have anonymous sex somewhere. Police have not always dealt with this well, sometimes they are actually undercover and soliciting men, then arresting the other guy for responding. In the past the charges would ruin someone's life if they were a professional, or married, etc.

The cops ought to just issue very expensive tickets to try to keep a lid on ti.
I agree though I would probably change the word from "some" to "a lot" of this sort of thing are bisexual guys who are married ( usually with kids ) and are not "out". This was certainly the case with those men who were arrested for illegal sexual activity in our park many years ago. Out of 50 or so who were arrested just about all of them had wives and kids.

Gay men looking for sex would usually know where to get it such as posting a profile on gay websites, hitting the bars, gay social clubs, male-only clothing optional resorts and other places that are far much less risky than a bathroom hook-up where as a bisexual man who is not "out" usually wouldn't consider doing any of those things. The irony is that they fear that by going to a gay bar or attending a private sex party at somebody's house their wives will somehow find out yet they do the public bathroom thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 09:58 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwtm View Post
Some amount of cruising and sex in bathrooms is done by guys who are married and not "out". Rather than having a relationship they just have anonymous sex somewhere. Police have not always dealt with this well, sometimes they are actually undercover and soliciting men, then arresting the other guy for responding. In the past the charges would ruin someone's life if they were a professional, or married, etc.

The cops ought to just issue very expensive tickets to try to keep a lid on ti.
Be careful what you wish for.

If it comes about that they issue those costly tickets for men getting it on together, they will issue those tickets for all getting it on together. US history is littered with cases of where counter sexual action was only used against one part, such as racial, of the population and the courts said one couldn't do that.

Usually, the result was a striking down of the laws and acts used for such............I suppose it could go the other way. Ie, like Xena said, "Crucify them all!".

On about smelly bathrooms, I agree.................but if one looks at the current videos for anonymous sex, the settings are generally of three types: adult book store arcades, confessionals, and in the john. Plays to the fantasy of some, at the very least.

About why there, even a blanket in the woods would be better; be careful what you wish for. Years ago while monitoring the Tea Room trade (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottaging ), saw one pair leave the rest room and head off into the woods that were then there (long since lost to frontage road businesses).

I don't think they had a secret playhouse in there.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:37 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
Couldnt the OP have simply walked out, shrugged, and went on to find the next restroom?

Sex is sex regardless of genders and people are going to have it no matter the location and for some they dont really care about your kids. We have lives to live and we cant be worried about your kids all the damn time.

but like i said, sex is sex and people have it. Get used to it.

**Oh, and with some of the people I know the OP is lucky he didnt walk into the guy suspended from the ceiling with rope, a butt plug in his mouth, and "Eat at Joe's" written across his ass.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:47 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
I see no one addressed my point about whether some of the posts in this thread pertained to disgust over 2 people having sex or the fact that it was 2 men. Homophobic, much.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:03 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
A road rest area here was closed down completely due to stuff like this. It's bad enough for anybody to walk in on something like this, but it's particularly bad for a child to encounter.

As for gender, few people want to walk into a gay spectacle, but a heterosexual couple in the throes of their own spectacle means that one of them doesn't belong there.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:09 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I can't answer for the OP, but I think that most people don't want to see people having sex in the public bathroom, no matter what genders are involved. I really don't see homophobia being the issue here....
I'm a gay man, and I don't see any homophobia in the complaint whatsoever. I go into a public bathroom to pee and poop, and I do not want to see a free sex show.

Quote:
I can understand people having a strong sex drive, and I can even intellectually understand that some might like anonymous sex, but I can't understand any desire to have sex in a disgusting, smelly, public bathroom.
I'm with you on the first two points...but yes, my understanding too ceases when it comes to the stench of a public lavatory being an erotic turn-on. Given the number of venues there are today for both gay and straight people to sexually act out, I have zero sympathy with a need for weenie waving or more aggressive sexual behavior in a public toilet.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:21 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
http://youtu.be/gwZAYdHcDtU

Old 09-17-2015, 04:54 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,488,755 times
AS the gay guy here said: I go to do my business and NOT to see a "free sex show", I don't care WHO it is, who is doing it, or what their sexual orientation is.
Around here, Restrooms were shut down for that reason.
They are slowly being rebuilt and are now usually staffed to reduce such activities.
The supervisored rest stops also tend to lack the holes in the walls in the stalls, for whatever that is for...I don't want some guy watching me as I go...

Here, in a major park, the cops used to be undercover and arrest anyone who "engaged them" or whom they said responded to a "signal" of interest in sex from the Undercover cop. Many cases were thrown out as "entrapment", and a question as to how far the undercover went to "engage" a potential criminal, which could have resulted in a criminal act himself. Most charges are/were Indecent exposure, engaging in Lewd act,
engaging in a lascivious act. The "indecent exposure" ones were definitely thrown out as a man cannot pee at a urinal without "exposing himself"...LOL.

There was a raid on an Adult Book Store near here, and ALL the men in there were arrested-even those NOT engaged in sex with another,and a full page newspaper ad with their pics was taken out, with pics of the men and all. They were all thrown out, and charges dismissed for: "entrapment", and "private property issues", and thusly "lack of jurisdiction". But the damage was done to the men they "caught". it was considered illegal to do that to them.

No, I prefer to have a supervised rest stop to go to, as I am not in the mood to see two men humping or whatever it is that two men can do to each other in the bathrooms!

Oh, AND I HAVE walked out and went on to another place to go when I run into two men grunting and groaning....not wanting to see what the grunting and groaning was all about!

I also prefer NOT to have an audience when I am..er um,ah, thusly engaged.

GET A ROOM, MEN!
Sheesh.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:56 AM

287 posts, read 327,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
I am most surprised that this is your first time being exposed to the bathroom problems of especially gay men soliciting others. I have seen it all my life when using certain bathrooms in my travels and I am 84 years old. I have always found it disgusting, but have seen it and know it goes on. Bathrooms such as the one you found it in, and bathrooms at rest stops on highways, are very common places to find this.

There is no way that the police, can monitor all those public bathrooms to see it never happens.
I was and am well aware that this type of thing happens in public restrooms- there is a highway rest stop near where I live that is a notorious spot for cruising. I was unaware that it was going on in this particular park, as the park is a popular spot for little league baseball and soccer games, biking and walking- lots of families and children use this park, especially around the time of day I was there (there were children in the area of this particular restroom). What shocked me in this particular instance is that 1) the "gentlemen" in question (both, I'd say were in their late 40's-50's) were not in one of the stalls- they were right out in the open and 2) when I walked in they just kept on doing their thing and made no attempt to "cover it up" (the gentleman on the receiving end actually looked at me and smiled!)

Upon further investigation last evening (talking to a neighbor down the street who is a police officer) this behavior is pretty much ignored by local law enforcement due to a lawsuit against one of the local agencies for entrapment when they were using undercover officers in a large sting operation in one of the local parks. This officer told me that in one of the local parks, the city removed all the stall doors in the men's rooms to stop this from happening, only to be faced with a massive amount of public complaints concerning the lack of privacy. He explained to me that arrests will be made for gross indecency if- like the situation I encountered, the act is going on right out in the open- but if it's happening in the stalls the men are let off with a "stern warning." He also said that law enforcement does not routinely patrol park restrooms unless there are numerous complaints.

And, yes, the officer said that nine times out of ten this is happening between married men and the police actually have a name for it- the men are on the "down-low" (you can guess how they came up with that one)!

The particular park I was in does lock all the restrooms at sunset, then unlock them at 7 AM.

Last edited by deweyforprez; 09-17-2015 at 05:14 AM..

Old 09-17-2015, 06:50 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times
I think the OP should think himself lucky to find a public toilet open, in the UK they are all being shut because of "budget cuts" and if you urinate in public you can be arrested for "exposure", a no win situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology