Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 08:05 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unawilde View Post
your mother loves you and want you to experience life.

Did you speak to your mother about seeing your biological father? It may not seem the best idea but you are his son and it's natural to have the urge to see him.despite how he treated you and your mother.

You must be ready to face the consequences of seeing him. He may deny you are his son.

Whatever you do, don't go behind your mother's back. Talk to her
this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 08:11 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyprince View Post
I'm 24 and at the time my mother got pregnant she was working in a city she had just moved into. She was young and started having a relationship with an older man who treated her very well but who turned out to be a jerk.

When she found out she was pregnant and told him, he admitted he was married and had a family in his home town. He simply left her and never contacted her again.

My mother ended up having to move back to her home town as well so she could have my grandmother's help to raise me. She never had any other relationship until now and there were times when she was working 3 jobs at the same time to support me.

I've finally finished my master's degree and I owe it all to her.

But I've always wondered why didn't she have an abortion? She had absolutely no reason to keep me...

I also feel tempted to start looking for my father (well, sperm donor to be truthful) but I'm afraid that would upset my mother. Still, I feel a urge to meet him at least once in my life.
so your are asking why didn't your mother murder you?

Old 09-30-2015, 09:04 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,241 times
She was probably unfortunate enough to live in a state where they have effectively made abortion illegal. While technically available, the hurdles to comply with the laws have closed many clinics. So the reason she didn't abort you was likely because she didn't have that option. While that worked out well in this case, it often doesn't. Blame the conservative right for your mothers choice.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:11 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
Because some people are against abortion no matter what

***Im not one of those people just to clarify

Old 09-30-2015, 10:29 AM

657 posts, read 407,707 times
quote Skyprince: "But I've always wondered why didn't she have an abortion? She had no reason to keep me..." (see #5 reply by Chowhound)

You will not understand your mothers love for you till you become a parent yourself.
( May I suggest you get on your knees and thank your mother for not aborting you,{thank her often} ).

Old 09-30-2015, 11:14 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Ask her! Talk to her! How on earth would completely random strangers have any clue? No one here knows you or your family or the entire situation. Bizarre topic to bring to a public forum especially as your first post.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:23 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyprince View Post
I'm 24 and ...

But I've always wondered why didn't she have an abortion? .
Why don't you ask your mother? Nobody here can answer this question. What in the world are you looking for here?

Old 09-30-2015, 11:34 AM

88 posts, read 128,429 times
Ask your mom these questions and tell her you need/want to meet your dad for your mental health. She is obviously a loving mom and will not be offended.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:20 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
OP.
You mother might be against abortion, or maybe she just loved you and wanted to keep you no matter what. Are you able to feel love and compassion yourself because if you do, then you wouldn't have to ask this question.
Also, your dad don't deserve you unless you would contact him to tell him he is an asshol.e.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:40 PM

4 posts, read 4,883 times
Thank you all for your answers. I would never ask this question directly to my mother because I don't want to offend her.

But I also feel tempted to find my father because I never knew if he regretted his decision, tried to get back to us but couldn't manage it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology