Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 05:43 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Lol.

Chances are all those Good Looking Girls have the same beautician, shop at the same stores, get the same spray tan, go to the same surgeon, have the same financial status etc.

Scrape off all the frippery, and are they Real Beauties or just Very Well Done?

Heh.

Us girls have our secrets.
This is what I was thinking...the same socioeconomic status and shared priorities will draw people together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 05:48 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post

It seems as if this is a conscious decision to exclude even average looking women ...

Its bad enough that so many of them treat men like 2nd class citizens, but I am wondering if they are equally snubbing their nose at other women even who might have not been as lucky to be dealt a good hand when they were born.

I can't imagine that this is random, and that there is a 90% chance this is more sinister that random, but prove me wrong with facts.

Bottom line is I think that this is MORE wrong that only hanging out with peers of a similar socio-economic class or educational attainment level.
95% ... 90% chance ... this post is chock full of stats.

Damn those beautiful women, treating men and other women like crap.
It's time for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2015, 06:16 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,877,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
It seems as if this is a conscious decision to exclude even average looking women.

You're an adult (I assume) and you're just realizing that some people don't like to be friends with unattractive, overweight or otherwise "unsightly" people?

Old 11-03-2015, 06:43 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
You're an adult (I assume) and you're just realizing that some people don't like to be friends with unattractive, overweight or otherwise "unsightly" people?

This right here. No matter how much others may tell you it aint true, but yea..there it is.

I agree with you OP. What it boils down to is the kool kids all hang together. And..speaking of kids, think back to your high school days where the nerds hung with nerds, the stoners hung with stoners, the fat, unattractive kids hung together, and the jocks and good looking women all hung together.

That is life. Things have been that way since we were all kids ourselves. However, people are now going to tell you its all in your head, and you are crazy.

I see the same thing you do. Now, is this true for each and every situation. Well, of course not! However, it is true that people hang with others like them. You absolutely will see the miss America types all hanging together. You think they will hang out with an overweight, low self esteem, six cat owning woman? Not that it would never happen. Of course it does. However 'GENERALLY'. speaking, people hang within their own class.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
As someone else stated, it is about common interests.

"Usually" really pretty girls are into things that help keep them looking pretty (ie make-up, clothes, shoes, etc.) They are sharing tips and techniques with each other.

There is a really beautiful girl at my job (model thin and beautiful) and ALL she talks about is makeup/hair/clothes. 85-90% of any non-work conversation is about makeup/hair/clothes...what she bought, how she did her makeup different from yesterday, what technique she wants to try, what new mascara she wants to buy, how she loves this lipstick/blush/eyeshadow color on me, where she bought her boots, how she is styling her outfit for tomorrow, should she cut her waist length hair, blah blah blah blah.

Needless to say, the other 15-20% of the time she is talking about how her boyfriend seems "bored" with her, takes her for granted and never wants to do anything or take her out.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Actually, there is a scientific reason for this. Attractiveness affects your eyesight, your vocal range, and your hearing. Attractive people can see, hear, and understand other attractive people better because they have the same eyesight, vocal range and hearing as other attractive people. It's sort of like how there are some pitches that only dogs can hear? Well, there are some pitches that only attractive people can hear, too. I know that I got really tired of trying to get my unattractive friends to understand me. I kept having to use a different (AKA unattractive) voice. It was very tiring. It's so much easier to be understood with other attractive people.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Hmmm maybe all those beautiful women to you are butt ugly to the rest of us.

In the eye of beholder.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:42 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
It is a conspiracy. Really we are all attracted to beautiful people. There have been studies done with babies and who they are attracted to. There have been studies about attractive and unattractive people applying for the same position with everything being equal except looks. The attractive person prevails time and time again. I don't know why, but we are biologically predisposed to choose the one that looks better. So, maybe pretty girls feel more comfortable with other pretty girls. However, I would imagine once you get to know them they aren't all quite as pretty as they appear.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:38 AM

298 posts, read 270,776 times
I see men do this too. I have never EVER seen a good looking guy with a healthy fit body weight spend time around overweight slobs. We live in an age where it's not that hard to eat healthy and yes, get in shape. It doesn't cost a lot of money to jog, walk or join a gym. So men do this too. Women? Sure they do. I do it. If a woman wears make up, dresses nice and stays in shape why would she befriend ugly, overweight slob? When you are out together, men naturally gravitate towards nice looking women.The slob will get upset. Slobs eat like pigs in public. I let go of a friend because of the way she looks AND eats in public. I'm trying to live a healthy lifestyle on all levels. She is not. She is depressed and has low self esteem; maybe because of her not taking care of her appearance? Laziness. Lack of discipline. - Learn to take care of yourself and you won't have these problems. Personal hygiene and healthy body is what makes you look good, not so much cosmetic facial surgery or a perfect face. Make up can improve a woman's face profoundly. Exercise will improve your health and the older you get, the more points you get for being fit especially from men. Women's bodies are impacted by childbirth and age in general, women gain weight around the middle and butt area quickly than men.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:11 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
There's no doubt in my mind that OP is correct about attractive women gang up and roam together and that fat ugly women seem to hang out as a group together as well. I've seen some interesting theories here....I would say the shared interest theory seems a promising explanation. I also think women are very image conscious and don't want to be seen socializing with 'losers,' be they men or women (this has been my own working theory as an observant male).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology