Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 08:36 AM

215 posts, read 185,327 times

Advertisements

Strange coincidence: my girlfriend had a similar dream as my brother did years ago (my brother lives in Australia and knows little about my GF)

There's a public plaza, courtyard type, with a fountain in the center
Around the area are these aliens: a single blue alien of human height in GF's dream; red, pink, and orange ones in my brother's dream
In both these people's dreams the alien(s) had bird feet and spoke telepathically
My girlfriend's alien was very talkative and she didn't realize she and it were having telepathic communication until after she had woken up and gave time to consider the dream
No audible words were spoken from the alien, but they were communicating and she doesn't remember the subject matter of the conversation except that it was friendly.
In my brother's dream (he calls a nightmare) the aliens were fighting and freaking out, running around, "people" hiding from them and stuff
His had a more ruined landscape
I put "people" in quotes because I'm unsure if he was dreaming from the viewpoint of one of the aliens
This is a dream he had years ago as a young teenager

The fountains and courtyards were the same between my GF and my brother (or at least they both spoke of such things in their dreams)

My GF and my brother never spoke of or shared their dreams with each other yet the dream world was the same, same culture/world --

My brother is into search engine optimization / marketing and has little to no interest in science fiction or fantasy
My GF is into true crime novels and horror, and definitely not into science fiction or fantasy either
Yet they both visited a fantasy/scifi realm totally independently of each other in dreams, saw aliens with bird feet

---

My dreams are not like these
I visit places recurringly
There's a home, sort of like a home for an old lady and decorated as such
There's only a couple areas of this home that I've been in,
An endless winding staircase with landings, all the landings look the same and there's windows / furniture (all the same)
I can go up and up and up for infinity if I wanted
If I go down, there's a door leading to a long underground cavern that's dark or dimly-lit
I can follow this long cavern for a long while (time will be compressed / omitted) and end up out in the woods,
But the woods has a sort of zoo-like feel with paths and railings made, and there's a log-flume ride going along an artificial stream made out of half-pipe put into the ground

In a separate dream there's a big house with a party of outside
A massive tree with a tire swing right out over the water (a very still river)
Besides hanging around the tree area and the water the dream is uneventful but recurring

There's another dream I revisit
There's a home up in the clouds, or high elevation area with cliffs, where a normal-looking family lives
The family consists of young women (the mother is only a little older than her children)
They seem to have typical discussions about whatever women talk about,
I honestly can't remember much of this "dream area" and it seems when I try to remember the dreams I had here it actually ends up erasing the memory for some reason
I think in the dream I was trying to go out with one of the women, but the home and the dream was awkward
This was before I met GF of course

---

So that's it
I have some other "normal" dreams, LOL like slumping lifelessly over at the wheel of a car at night and falling over a cliff but I wake up before the crash, or that I can fly around like in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and dodge bad guys' bullets

What do you peeps dream about
What places or people do you meet?
I thought the alien thing was a neat coincidence and who the heck knows the science behind that if there's any

Last edited by Wannabeliber; 12-15-2015 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology