Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 01:02 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,916,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are no women here who aren't in touch with their bodies.
I would surprised if that were true. When I was single, I was surprised at the number of well-educated, good-looking, nice, hip women who had some sort of sexual hangup, including at least one who had never had an orgasm (alone or with a partner).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 07:36 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I agree it's a valid point. I'm just saying that if he wants to reach his target audience in significant numbers, this isn't the venue. Going by what women here have posted in the last year, there are few (except, possibly, some lurkers) who would be among the demographic he's trying to reach. Posting on CD-R is just a drop in the bucket.
Again.....that is because many women are fearful of discussing that topic. . . . that is why perhaps you haven't seen their postings.

Old 12-25-2015, 08:05 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I am not saying women SHOULD learn to touch their own bodies, but I am saying that it might become a problem in a relationship if she does not know about how it feels to her. I am also saying that men looking for women need to be aware that certain cultures have this issue and women from these cultures often come with those ideas already installed. It is something which may not be considered and is obviously not a problem when people from the same culture get together but where people with different ideas meet it may be.

I know I keep harping back to this but our whole society is based on how we are conditioned by upbringing, culture, education and also by religion too. These are the big influences.

There are many different cultural groups living in the USA and most larger cities across the world have pockets of different races or cultures living together where they keep their roots as pure as they can. There are also religious groups in the USA which have very little outside influence from the society as a whole, no TV, no magazines, etc.

The same with some countries where the population is only exposed to sanitized content. You may have to actively go looking for sexual content to find it so the average disinterested person would not bother and sometimes it is even against laws or religious rules to do so.
The reason I asked because I'm one of those women.

I know how society feels about women and sex, but I don't care. I know sex isn't wrong and I personally don't care what people think in terms of how I live my life. Talking about sex doesn't bother me nor does it make me uncomfortable. Learning about my body sexually doesn't really interest me and I'm not really too concerned about a relationship either. The point I'm trying to make is that not ALL women suffer from this issue.

American culture, people, etc, don't affect how I feel about the subject.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:00 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,697 times
A dude telling women what they should do because his peen gets bored in bed. Our savior, right here.

Quote:
I am not saying women SHOULD learn to touch their own bodies, but I am saying that it might become a problem in a relationship if she does not know about how it feels to her.
Do you see the conflicting message you're giving here?
"I'm not saying you should masturbate, but you might not have fullfilling relationships if you don't!"

Well what do you do if you get into a relationship with a woman who has a low libido? Should she pleasure herself even if she doesn't feel like it just so she can tell you what she likes?

Last edited by Arigarisha; 12-25-2015 at 09:14 AM..

Old 12-25-2015, 04:12 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I would surprised if that were true. When I was single, I was surprised at the number of well-educated, good-looking, nice, hip women who had some sort of sexual hangup, including at least one who had never had an orgasm (alone or with a partner).
Not having an orgasm is one thing, but not liking something is hardly a sexual hang up. I'm pretty open minded but there are things I won't do in bed, and it's not a hang up. It's because I know I don't like them!

Old 12-25-2015, 04:19 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,916,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Not having an orgasm is one thing, but not liking something is hardly a sexual hang up. I'm pretty open minded but there are things I won't do in bed, and it's not a hang up. It's because I know I don't like them!
I'm afraid I missed the part of the thread that this refers to. Anyone is entitled for any reason to not like something. When the number of things you don't like add up to a substantial fraction of the experiences available in life, you have a problem; otherwise not.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:16 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
When Tom Snyder had Nancy Friday on his show I made sure to stay up to hear what she had to say because I always learned something. Her books about sexuality are so full of great information. I wanted to know whatever there was to know, but I would never presume to know whether other women are aware of their bodies or not, because there are those who aren't and some are not young women.
I once heard an older woman insist that menses continue even after a hysterectomy.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:08 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I'm not sure how you missed it, since you're the one who said it. You didn't say multiple "hang ups" either. I was just clarifying that not wanting to do A or B isn't a sexual hang up, it's a preference.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:11 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,857 times
Quote:
Unfortunately it does not appear to work that way. Possibly in the movies it does, but real life is simply a different matter altogether. Unlocking can only occur where there is mutual agreement and a willingness to open the door. If that is not there because it has been ignored for many years, there is nothing to build on.

Much of the physical act goes on in our heads and if the experience is not there and the experimentation has not been interesting enough to be tried previously, there is nothing to motivate the brain to want to find out.

Of course everyone is different so I can only go on my own experience of this in a couple of instances.
You're right it takes the willingness of both people agree to the exploration. Of course, I've never been in a relationship, where the woman wasn't fully engaged in the physical side of the relationship. So I can't imagine being in a relationship with anyone who wouldn't want to unlock their full potential. It's very important to me, that my partners are on the same page. I got my eighties to be in low sex relationships.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:03 AM

6,943 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
A dude telling women what they should do because his peen gets bored in bed. Our savior, right here.
Thank you, I haven't had anyone calling me saviour yet. Thats a first.

Quote:
Do you see the conflicting message you're giving here?
"I'm not saying you should masturbate, but you might not have fullfilling relationships if you don't!"

Well what do you do if you get into a relationship with a woman who has a low libido? Should she pleasure herself even if she doesn't feel like it just so she can tell you what she likes?
No, it is too late by then. Hopefully I have found out about her libido prior to getting too involved. For some men it is a deal-breaker but I guess you dont want to hear that.

To some men, sex is very important, so important that if it does not happen (much) then they may feel it is not worth persuing the relationship. Just saying how it is for some - not all by any means so there is hope for those who are of low libido. There is even a reason (or used to be anyway) for catholic divorce I believe, called an unconsumated marriage. I think Henry VIII used it with one of his wives, but maybe thats just an urban legend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology