Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 01:17 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Oh really? Do please show me where I called him specifically a boy after he got all pissy. Please.

I find it insulting and demeaning that women are called "girls" on C-D dozens of times a day, because it IS insulting and demeaning to call a grown woman a girl. Should I report all of them?
You're deliberately antagonizing him. Even I can see that.

I don't like it when people here refer to women as girls, either, but if you notice, it's usually the same guys who do that. Thing is, they are not aiming it at you specifically, the way you are aiming your barbs at Diss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 01:21 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
You're deliberately antagonizing him. Even I can see that.

I don't like it when people here refer to women as girls, either, but if you notice, it's usually the same guys who do that. Thing is, they are not aiming it at you specifically, the way you are aiming your barbs at Diss.
So, I didn't call him a "boy" after he threatened to report me. Got it.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:25 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Oh really? Do please show me where I called him specifically a boy after he got all pissy. Please.

I find it insulting and demeaning that women are called "girls" on C-D dozens of times a day, because it IS insulting and demeaning to call a grown woman a girl. Should I report all of them?
//www.city-data.com/forum/42484721-post68.html

Quote:
Welllll... He said he found it insulting and demeaning, and asked Moon to stop. Moon deliberately continuing to do so is a form of "bickering" and "antagonism."
It is also a form of something that starts with a T and will end in an infraction.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:34 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Welllll... He said he found it insulting and demeaning, and asked Moon to stop. Moon deliberately continuing to do so is a form of "bickering" and "antagonism."

And honestly? It's also a race thing here in the States. Moon may not be intending it this way, and I really don't know how generational this is, but my mother would have slapped me right on the noggin if she ever heard me call a black man "boy."

Note to self: Next time, read a little more into a thread before being redundant. But I'm leaving this up as one more voice.
Yep I didn't and wouldn't know that about BOY as from my location.

I apologise i do that an awful lot just going off one post no harm was intended on my part.

Apologies diss

Old 01-04-2016, 03:34 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Well this thread has run clear off the tracks.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:34 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Read the threads on this forum, it won't take long for you to find numerous answers to your question.
Maybe I'm just in the wrong subforums the last few years, but I don't see a LOT of obvious and honest woman-hate here. I think it may be that women are quick to jump on that bandwagon - easier to explain things. Frankly though, there ARE some men who are just beyond help - either that or they will never reach mental maturity.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/42484721-post68.html

It is also a form of something that starts with a T and will end in an infraction.

Read my post again - I said show me where I said it AFTER you threatened to report me. You can't, because I didn't.

Of course, I could get all pissy that now you're calling me a troll, but I won't because that would be silly.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Maybe I'm just in the wrong subforums the last few years, but I don't see a LOT of obvious and honest woman-hate here. I think it may be that women are quick to jump on that bandwagon - easier to explain things. Frankly though, there ARE some men who are just beyond help - either that or they will never reach mental maturity.
Not this sub-forum, but Relationships. Plenty of misogyny there, let me tell you. And some misandry, as well. But I think there's more misogyny, simply owing to the fact that some people are so determined to spew it that they keep coming back to vomit up more tripe every time they get banned.

There are also a few very obviously disturbed individuals, guys who go on about how women dancing and wearing cleavage-baring tops do it just to tease men, how women dancing "with their boobs hanging out" will drive men to rape and other forms of violence, and how one day American men will decide not to defend the country from jihadis because American men are tired of all the teasing and not getting laid. Really insane garbage that, quite frankly, is the stuff of Elliot Rodger, and I wouldn't be surprised if one day a manifesto appeared on this site in conjunction with a similar mass killing.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
So, I didn't call him a "boy" after he threatened to report me. Got it.
You know what? I'm just going to let your posts speak for themselves. And I agree with Diss on this.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Lol, then you must not hang out in Relationships or Politics and Other Controversies much! Those two are the worst.

Over in Politics I was told that the only way women could prevent rape was to arm themselves - absolutely no male accountability in any way, shape or form, not a single thought given to changing the culture or making the penalties for rape harsher. Don't talk to me about women jumping on the bandwagon - there's a lot of sick men out there who despise women for simply being women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology