Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2016, 08:39 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Is the hatchback opener on the key fob? We rented an Explorer for a recent trip and the hatchback was an automatic feature.

Such a first world issue...
Yes, it is but I don't want to dig around for the key fob - I prefer not using a key at all. (Now THAT is a first world problem.) I don't want to dig around in my designer purse for a key just to open the hatchback.

Actually I think I have it figured out. Here's the deal - if I don't want to use the key, I have two choices. I can either 1) open the hatchback via the button in the interior prior to getting out of the car, or 2) if I'm walking up to the car, I have to have my purse with me, and then all I have to do is kick my foot under the back bumper and the hatchback automatically picks up the key's presence from my purse and it opens.

I was just used to being able to press a button and it opens if the car is unlocked.

The weird thing is that I think all doors must be closed in order for the hatch back to open if the car is running. STRESS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 03:10 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
People, people, people. For the good of all mankind, I beg you: stop sending 8x10 glossies of your ugly offspring and pretending this constitutes a Christmas card.
And if I know you and see you often, please don't send a rehash of last year in your life. Save your rehashes for people you only see once in a blue moon and who might still be interested.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:14 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I am serving ham for Christmas dinner. I really don't like ham.

I realized at the market today that I had planned for two sides that included apples! I bought pears instead. Will pears work in the casserole I have planned? I have no idea.

Old 12-22-2016, 04:23 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,164,563 times
Someone left their boots in the kitchen and every time I go to the sink I can see them periphally and think it's the cat, and say hi . It's time to move the boots. Oh. My boots.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:44 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
Someone left their boots in the kitchen and every time I go to the sink I can see them periphally and think it's the cat, and say hi . It's time to move the boots. Oh. My boots.
I laughed! I have done this SO many times. I once said "hi" to a cardboard box in my kitchen and then was disappointed when it didn't meow at me.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:55 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I realized at the market today that I had planned for two sides that included apples! I bought pears instead. Will pears work in the casserole I have planned? I have no idea.
I think they probably will, actually.

Quote:
I know the feeling.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:40 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
I saw a news report about a US Postal Service semi full of packages that had overturned on the interstate, and the first thing I thought was, "OMG I really hope those pajamas I ordered for my dog's Christmas present weren't on that shipment."

The driver was fine, BTW.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:21 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
It's going to be in the mid 70s here on Christmas Day and I don't particularly like that. I can't wear the Christmassy outfit I was planning on wearing without burning up. Now I have to figure out what to wear on a WARM Christmas Day. Yuck.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:38 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,869,118 times
Quote:
I'd take that over the stiflingly boring 'newsletter' my mum gets from one of our relatives. They start writing it in May... and it's done in the smallest font so it takes up only one page but it's really The World Cure for Insomnia. We learn that they trimmed a hedge, changed the knobs on their kitchen cupboards, and had various infections/viruses throughout the year. The same thing is sent to everyone. Not even a personalized salutation.
We get one of those from an elderly relative every year, except that hers is a detailed month-by-month report of all their doctor and dentist visits, sprinkled with notifications of their various infirmities, illnesses and lab reports. Sometimes, you get to hear about other relative's surgeries or their neighbor's bad fall. I always read it out loud and am in hysterics by the end. It's usually two pages long.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:44 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I saw a news report about a US Postal Service semi full of packages that had overturned on the interstate, and the first thing I thought was, "OMG I really hope those pajamas I ordered for my dog's Christmas present weren't on that shipment."

The driver was fine, BTW.
I hope no wild dog helps himself to your pet dog's pajamas. That's how we can tell the difference between tame and wild beasts... jammies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology