Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2017, 07:20 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times

Advertisements

Chik-Fil-A is fast becoming the newest target of my disdain.

I like their breakfast offerings, but the place is simply slammed with customers when I go to get a meal. I downloaded their app, which promises an ability to order through your phone, walk-in, pickup the order and leave. Panera seems to have the right idea with this, btw.

Oh, but Chik-Fil-A cannot be kind enough just to offer you the service. Noooooooo. They force you to purchase one of their gift cards to be able to order online.

Jerks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 09:56 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
At our "supermarket" here, not allowed to take the carts out to the parking lot. You have to transfer to a different "cart", if you can find one. The plastic bags are all stuck together! You have to show your receipt to a guard when you leave....

Old 01-13-2017, 11:06 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracysherm View Post
When I bought my house, I found a huge crucifix on a shelf in the basement. I ain't touching that. It can stay in its place, and it'll still be there when I sell the house. For all I know, someone put it there because my sump pump hole is really an unknown gateway to hell, and that sucker is protecting me.
I moved into a rental house many years ago and after several months, when I was standing on a ladder to replace a closet lightbulb, I discovered a gun on a high shelf. It was a long-barreled .22 pistol. The landlord and two previous tenants I contacted, denied knowing anything about it. I still have it, although I shot it only once, just to see if it worked. Maybe someday, I can use it to protect myself?

Old 01-14-2017, 12:10 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
My dog hates wearing her sweater and tries to rub it off against walls and such, if I'm not paying attention to tell her to knock it off.

So, I wasn't paying attention and she rubbed big holes in her sweater and now my dog looks like a ghetto dog when I put it on her and take her for walks.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:53 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I moved into a rental house many years ago and after several months, when I was standing on a ladder to replace a closet lightbulb, I discovered a gun on a high shelf. It was a long-barreled .22 pistol. The landlord and two previous tenants I contacted, denied knowing anything about it. I still have it, although I shot it only once, just to see if it worked. Maybe someday, I can use it to protect myself?
If you own it and feel you might use it, don't you need to get a license?

Old 01-14-2017, 10:07 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
If you own it and feel you might use it, don't you need to get a license?
Not all states require a license to own a gun. Oregon, where that person is from, does not require a license to own a gun.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:59 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
I have a bundle of xmas napkins, some pale blue with snowmen, some red with Seasons Greetings and some gold... should I use them everyday or keep them for next Xmas.... hate having these big decisions.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I have a bundle of xmas napkins, some pale blue with snowmen, some red with Seasons Greetings and some gold... should I use them everyday or keep them for next Xmas.... hate having these big decisions.
This is so timely - the other evening, I had a few girlfriends over to watch Calendar Girls and talk smack, and I opened my cabinet to see Thanksgiving napkins with autumn leaves on them, beckoning me to use them.

I also had some cute napkins that said, "It's not a party unless there's cake," and I would have liked to use those, but we didn't have any cake so they didn't seem to quite fit the occasion.

But now I'm worried that both types of napkins are just going to get wrinkled up and be unused and unusable within a few months.

But hope springs eternal, because I also found some really cute Peter Rabbit napkins left over from last Easter and they still looked good - and it's almost time to break those out again.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:49 AM

45,327 posts, read 60,500,026 times
I had never bothered counting before because it was done sort of piecemeal but, due to a number of reasons, yesterday was Christmas Breakdown Day done all at once so I counted the crates.

Mrs. NBP has 18 crates of decorations she puts out. Eighteen (18) crates of that crap. Half of the shed is filled with them with the rest having to be stored off site taking up 1/3 of the storage locker.

And she wonders why I hate Christmas.

And today is Spring Decorating Day, which entails more crates.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:29 PM

Ha!

Apparently I rashly gave away my huge bag of Mardi Gras beads and now I wish I had them back because I am Mardi Gras decorating and I need to throw them in my bushes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology