Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2017, 08:58 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,870,982 times

Advertisements

Don't you know? NOBODY in the world is sicker than a husband........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 09:10 PM

I joined a gym last week and came to the awful realization that you have to actually DO something to get in shape. I'm going to look at that darned contract again.....I SWEAR that it said all I had to do was show up in one of my new exercise outfits (that I wore my fingers to the BONE ordering on the computer) and hang out for a while. Instead, they insist that I get all sweaty and ucky and just ruin my makeup and make my knees hurt. I was so upset after the first visit, that I had to go have a double cream cinnamon extra whip latte and a Danish just to hydrate myself and get the strength to drive home.

Besides that, the cute little Peruvian sweat band that some sweet little Andes lady slaved over to weave put an awful crimp in my hair! And I broke a nail opening the locker.

And there are big sweaty men there who make terrible grunting noises when I'm trying to count. Brutes.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
I joined a gym last week and came to the awful realization that you have to actually DO something to get in shape. I'm going to look at that darned contract again.....I SWEAR that it said all I had to do was show up in one of my new exercise outfits (that I wore my fingers to the BONE ordering on the computer) and hang out for a while. Instead, they insist that I get all sweaty and ucky and just ruin my makeup and make my knees hurt. I was so upset after the first visit, that I had to go have a double cream cinnamon extra whip latte and a Danish just to hydrate myself and get the strength to drive home.

Besides that, the cute little Peruvian sweat band that some sweet little Andes lady slaved over to weave put an awful crimp in my hair! And I broke a nail opening the locker.

And there are big sweaty men there who make terrible grunting noises when I'm trying to count. Brutes.
Just wait till one of them farts while they're lifting. OMG. I can't bear it.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just wait till one of them farts while they're lifting. OMG. I can't bear it.
One of them did split his pants yesterday. I wish I had had my phone with me......YouTube sensation.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:36 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Ah, the gym! My first world gym problem is that there is only one recumbent elliptical, and a lot of older ones want to work out on it. I am never sure if I can get time on it.

The other first world gym problem I have is forgetting my water bottle. I either forget to take it with me, or I forget to bring it home!

Old 02-26-2017, 06:23 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
My own, ongoing 1st-world problem: rarely finding bananas that are close to ripe at grocery stores. Isn't the point of fresh fruit to be eaten soon?

Old 02-26-2017, 06:45 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
Broke screen on my smartphone. Turns out others care more about my phone than I do.

Somehow I don't notice it...well until someone points it out

Old 02-26-2017, 08:53 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,165,661 times
A few blocks away in my small town, there is a person dressed up as a huge red maple leaf, as an advertisement for a tax service company. He/she stands on the corner dancing and waving to all the cars and people passing by.

It makes me feel very uncomfortable. I don't feel like waving back, and it's hard to not make eye-contact. I'll admit I have sometimes turned down a side street and taken a longer route to avoid 'it'.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:34 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,617 times
I would just leaf it alone. I'm sure standing out there in a costume is already taxing enough.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:08 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,603 times
My first world problem is, my life is so great I need to go search for goals to work on to feel good about myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology