Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2017, 03:31 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,683,442 times

Advertisements

I have two pairs of the same shoes at home (Nike Air Monarchs). One pair is much older and squeaks when I walk, but it works fine in it's role as an outdoor chores type of shoe. The other I bring to work for walking twice a day.

So, guess which pair I accidentally took to work today? Here's a hint - my staff have resorted to calling me "Squeaky".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 03:48 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,148,476 times
Lmao about the broken soles and the squeaky shoe above! Oh man.. and don't you hate it when you're wearing flip flops in public and that thong comes right out of the bottom? It is impossible to pretend nothing happened. You can't walk without imitating John Cleese.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:14 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,921,573 times
Shoe emergencies are worse than mascara or earring emergencies!

But here is my first world problem. I went to Walgreens today to get the monthly senior discount. I looked for a substitute blush to take with me on my travels this summer. My regular blush is quite nice but I broke the lid. (This happens to me often, by the way.) And I didn't want to take an open blush container in my travel bag.

I found a smallish blush sub carried it for a minute, and then dropped the doggoned thing and broke the lid! Right in the store. I was going to get another and apologize profusely to the cashier but it was the last one in the color I need!

I brought it home. Maybe I can make a packing tape hinge?

So now I own two broken blushes.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:35 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
[quote=chiluvr1228;48012909]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

The other day, speaking of shoes, I was out shopping with a girlfriend and the SOLE OF MY SANDAL FELL OFF. quote]

Same thing happened to me! I had an appt to get my hair trimmed and when I got out of the car I realized the sole of my favorite bejeweled sandal was halfway off and flopping but I then had to drive to get my granddaughter. After I picked her up I realized how badly I had to pee and I had a 30 minute ride to get home. I called my son, told him to unlock the door (because now it had become an emergency). I was cursing the security gate to get into my development so much that I just went in right behind someone because I couldn't wait at this point. Got out of the car, threw the shoes off and ran up the stairs. Hoping nobody saw me.
I feel your pain. I really do.

It's nearly as bad as going out for the day with no earrings on. Actually, it's more urgent because it's really pretty structural.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:40 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Shoe emergencies are worse than mascara or earring emergencies!

But here is my first world problem. I went to Walgreens today to get the monthly senior discount. I looked for a substitute blush to take with me on my travels this summer. My regular blush is quite nice but I broke the lid. (This happens to me often, by the way.) And I didn't want to take an open blush container in my travel bag.

I found a smallish blush sub carried it for a minute, and then dropped the doggoned thing and broke the lid! Right in the store. I was going to get another and apologize profusely to the cashier but it was the last one in the color I need!

I brought it home. Maybe I can make a packing tape hinge?

So now I own two broken blushes.

Honestly, this is terrible.

I have two eyebrow pencils - because of course, though no one ever warned me of this, the minute I hit 50, my once luxurious eyebrows developed sparse areas. What the heck? Anyway, so I have two eyebrow pencils in the same color and I'm sure your burning question is "Why?"

Well, I'll tell you. Because one is really thin and creates the most amazingly real looking eyebrows, and the other is thicker but - GET THIS - it has a flesh toned highlighter on the other end to perk up the arch in one's brow. So I can't use the thick, globby end of that one but I can use the highlighter end - but then I have to use the OTHER one for the actual brows.

It's SO INCREDIBLY TIRESOME. I just want to scream, "WHY IS THIS FAT END SO FAT AND GLOBBY?" What a terrible design.

But I guess it worked - I did, after all, buy both of them at the Clinique counter.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:41 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,482,357 times
I've been following this forgetting the mascara thing...that is the WORST! When I forgot to apply it, I could NOT concentrate at work! I'm pretty sure that people were staring at me...I felt naked! I bolted for the door at lunchtime to buy another one, & always keep one with me now...never again!

Old 05-03-2017, 09:57 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,320,453 times
Ok, so I've got this new age spot thing on my forehead. Doc said it's not a concern, but still. I guess I could comb my hair different and......Oh wait.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:19 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,148,476 times
Our bathroom sink is getting very slow to drain again but this time I'm not saying or doing anything about it. Waiting to see if and at what amazing point, husband notices.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:39 PM

44,886 posts, read 59,869,542 times
I lost 2 1/2 days this week. Imagine waking up on a beautiful Tuesday morning and by 11 o'clock you've had a heart attack and had four stents implanted in a heart artery.

Ruined my whole week.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:30 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,921,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I lost 2 1/2 days this week. Imagine waking up on a beautiful Tuesday morning and by 11 o'clock you've had a heart attack and had four stents implanted in a heart artery.

Ruined my whole week.
This is not a trivial problem! Please take care of yourself and follow doc's orders. May you have a quick recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology