Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2017, 11:52 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,080 times

Advertisements

This is really a FWP...smh

We have so many different accounts between the two of us at our bank, when transferring funds on my bank app, it's hard to differentiate between the "other accounts" without knowing the actual account number. There is a way to give each account a nickname but I'm too lazy. I promise I will do it today....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 05:57 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Why does it take Chase Bank 4 days to transfer funds from my account there to my account at a different bank in the same city? Two days SHOULD be the time it would take.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:13 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Oh hey... Speaking of Google, and of banking...

I had a problem with Paypal...well actually I have had a number of frustrations with Paypal...but most recently, my ex was using it to send support payments for our son, and the way they chose to process the transaction this time around was an "e-check" (?? He just had his bank account set up, so this was weird.) It took a week for the money to find its way clear to my bank account.

So I looked into various other free money transfer services, and the one ranked in a nerdy tech site as the "fastest" was Google Wallet. So we tried it. We both had google accounts anyhow, and all you have to do is link a debit card to it in Wallet, and set the setting to automatically transfer any balance to your debit card. Now, when he sends me money, from start to finish the funds hit my bank account as pending but available in SECONDS, not days. I am very impressed.

I can almost forgive how much Google is so creepy, invasive, and stalkerish, because at least their stuff WORKS.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:06 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
That drives me nuts also. Or even sitting behind you...uggh.
What about the eejits who sit on the row below you, maybe a few feet from you, and then keep messing with their phone, so you're constantly distracted by their very bright phone screen during the movie? Or worse, THEY START TALKING ON THEIR PHONE DURING THE MOVIE.

Urge to kill. And yes, I WILL say something to them and if they get smart with me, I'll go complain to the manager - and of course by then I've missed half the dang movie.

But they turn their phone off. LOSE WIN!

Old 08-03-2017, 10:18 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
This is so true. It doesn't matter how far away you park, and there can be a thousand empty spots, but someone will come up and park right up beside you. Drives me nuts.

Also true in the movie theatre. You can pick the most obscure place to sit, and there may be many available seats, but someone with a big head will come and take the seat right in front of you.

What is wrong with people? Is it monkey see monkey do syndrome? Lack of having an independent thought themselves? Drives me nuts.
It's the herd mentality.

My FWP is not being able to mute the TV fast enough when music from annoying commercials comes on, and there's no shortage of those.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:15 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
It's the herd mentality.

My FWP is not being able to mute the TV fast enough when music from annoying commercials comes on, and there's no shortage of those.
And do they intentionally turn the volume up on commercials nowadays? Can't stand it!!

Old 08-04-2017, 05:58 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
I remember a few years ago some law was passed making it "illegal" for commercials to be louder than the show. Not sure who would enforce this law.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:11 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
I'm tired of having eggs for breakfast in the morning, so I thought it would be nice to grab an oatmeal and hazelnut coffee from a well-known chain (rhymes with "Panera").

Apparently, ordering the oatmeal was okay, but the coffee was not acceptable to the karma gods. As I tried to set my coffee in the drink holder (center console), the cup collapsed and the coffee went EVERYWHERE.

Yeah, it was hot.

Yeah, I was late.

I hope this is not a portend of things to come.

Oh, the cold oatmeal survived - at least until I reached the office after a change of clothes.

This is Friday, right?

Old 08-04-2017, 07:11 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
This is so true. It doesn't matter how far away you park, and there can be a thousand empty spots, but someone will come up and park right up beside you. Drives me nuts.
Reminds me ....

I drive around in the parking lot trying to find a parking spot close to the door ..... can't find one
I think to myself "Screw it, park faraway"
When I start walking to the door .... there's an empty parking spot close to the door.

Here's the difficult part...
Do I ignore the "slap in the face" empty parking spot
or do I run to my car, drive to the empty spot as fast as I can .... and claim victory?

Old 08-04-2017, 07:21 AM

531 posts, read 452,982 times
Talking about parking spaces, how about when you park away from the store so you can pull through instead of backing out and when you get back in, start the engine, and fasten the seat belt, somebody comes swooping up and parks right in front of you, instead of in any of the other vacant spaces on the other side of the row.

Similarly, I once went to the local Wal-Mart at 3am to get a can of a certain brand of chili. The only other two customers in the store were standing in front of the chili shelves, holding a can of that brand and earnestly discussing the contents. Ten minutes later they were still at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology