Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 05:29 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Oh dude.

I can say, with no spoilering, that the most recent episode of Game of Thrones, was FREAKING AMAZEBALLS and that the last bit was OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG to the point that comments on Facebook afterwards were like, "I have not breathed or blinked for the last 20 minutes" and "I think my nips are still hard."

But here is my first world problem. The episode got me all hot and bothered and then ended before I was ready for it to end. Like the credits came up and I was like "NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo....ooo..." ...*whimper*...

I almost wish I were one to wait until the season is over and then binge-stream it all.
Well, why do you think I let six seasons stack up before I started watching them? I'm only on Season Three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 05:56 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,857,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What about the eejits who sit on the row below you, maybe a few feet from you, and then keep messing with their phone, so you're constantly distracted by their very bright phone screen during the movie? Or worse, THEY START TALKING ON THEIR PHONE DURING THE MOVIE.

Urge to kill. And yes, I WILL say something to them and if they get smart with me, I'll go complain to the manager - and of course by then I've missed half the dang movie.

But they turn their phone off. LOSE WIN!
I will never admit to having one of those highly illegal cell phone jammers that I purchased overseas.
I will never admit to using one at the movies.
I will never admit to using one at a fine dining restaurant.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:40 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,365,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I will never admit to having one of those highly illegal cell phone jammers that I purchased overseas.
I will never admit to using one at the movies.
I will never admit to using one at a fine dining restaurant.
For real? Awesome. Wish I had one.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:23 PM

Food for thought....

Old 08-08-2017, 05:58 AM

482 posts, read 398,572 times
First world living these days can be a real grind. It's not for the faint of heart. You have to have unbelievable toughness.

For example the last time I went to my favorite restaurant, I battled with myself for awhile before ultimately deciding to skip dessert, because I didn't want to have to share with the kids. I mean, I had been fantasizing about those cheesecakes and the ice cream and the pies all ... day ... long... But I wound up not touching any of it. And I couldn't shed a single tear because I had to keep a stiff upper lip in front of the little ones.

Can you guys imagine fine dining without dessert?!?!! Ain't nuthin "fine" about that ... but I can handle a lot more than I used to -- being in the first world for so long has toughened me up quite a bit ...

Old 08-08-2017, 08:28 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,632,606 times
I'm always too full for dessert. I don't have a big appetite. Which means that unless I'm going at lunchtime and getting a lower price, there is pretty much no point for me to go to a buffet or all-you-can-eat. I can't eat very much.

I often go somewhere, hungry, and while I'm ordering dinner I am looking longingly at the desserts...but then once I've eaten about half of my meal (packing the other half into a take home box) I have no room left for one. And I think, "One day I should really come back to this place, JUST to get the dessert."

We have a Brazilian churrasco place that has amazing food, and extra amazing desserts, I'm wild about their apple cobbler--warm, with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. An Italian place north of downtown has this mud pie dessert, which really is like a sort of ice cream cake. With cappuccino ice cream and chocolate cake, piles of whipped cream, chocolate cookie crumbles and fudge and caramel sauces. And the Mexican place, with fried ice cream or delicious sopapillas...all that honey and cinnamon sugar... *swoon*

Being too full to eat those kinds of things makes me want to cry.

I should follow my mother's advice. "Life is short. Eat dessert first."

Old 08-08-2017, 08:04 PM

482 posts, read 398,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
mother's advice. "Life is short. Eat dessert first."
This is the best advice ever. I'm kicking myself for not having thought of it on my own ...

Old 08-09-2017, 09:25 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,131 times
Just read through a thread in which the author had a recipe that included grits, sausage and two fried eggs. It made me sad for a couple of reasons:

1. I used to have this creation often (including cheese and jalapenos, of course), but haven't had it in over a year.

2. My blood sugar says I should stay far away from grits.

Where the f is the sad face icon???

Old 08-09-2017, 11:08 AM

Speaking of eating:

I bought something very horrible for me the other day - frozen corn dogs. I mean, honestly, does it get any worse than that when it comes to nutrition?

But they're so horrible for me, I haven't had the nerve to open the box and actually eat one. And today I was thinking about doing it, but I'm still so full from the very nutritious (and boring) smoothie that I had for lunch that I don't think I could enjoy such a guilty pleasure fully.

I may need to wait till about 10 pm tonight while I'm bingeing on Game of Thrones. That would be just horribly delicious in so many ways.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:45 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,783,967 times
Did you know that wet bird seed that sits for a week or so smells an awful lot like cow poop that has traveled through the depths of hell, gathering more poop along the way? Because it totally does.

I feed so many critters in my yard and have this large plastic tray feeder that I dump sunflower seeds in. It got rained on and all the seeds globbed into one big, bad SEED. Instead of taking care of the mess immediately, I just set the container back behind the garage for a week. It was starting to sprout weird demon plants that were all deformed-looking, so I tackled it today.

I dumped the stinking mess into a plastic bag and then double bagged it for good measure, all while being swarmed with flies and dripping rotten seed water all over my feet and shoes first this morning. BEFORE coffee. I'm not even sure if this is a First World Problem, to be honest! I'm just traumatized by the stink of it all and thought I could share the joy with everyone. The bag from Hell is currently sitting out on the curb since garbage pick-up is tomorrow and I have ascertained that it's also yard waste pickup from all the bags my neighbors have set out on their curbs. (Thank God someone pays attention because I never do.) Hey! That's what makes it a First World Problem! I just can foist my stank-bags off on some unsuspecting sanitation worker and never have to think of it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology