Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2018, 01:55 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldjensens View Post
our last three kids all moved out recently and when i text them to find out how things are going, they reply with one word, or one letter responses, or a bunch of letters meant to represent words as in ioku?

I am instructed that rather than asking whether they like their roommates, or how their new job is going i am only supposed to text "ruok?"

i suppose that if i want to know whether they like their roommates, it should be dylyrms? Or iynji? (is your new job interesting?).

It is all so very confusing.
ikr?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 04:43 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Our last three kids all moved out recently and when I text them to find out how things are going, they reply with one word, or one letter responses, or a bunch of letters meant to represent words as in IOKU?

I am instructed that rather than asking whether they like their roommates, or how their new job is going I am only supposed to text "RUOK?"

I suppose that if I want to know whether they like their roommates, it should be DYLYRMs? Or IYNJI? (Is your new job interesting?).

It is all so very confusing.
Text them "What charity should your mom and I leave all our cash and property to?" ..................They will be calling regularly.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:15 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
I ate too much casserole and now I have a stomachache.

Or, since I'm a Midwesterner, "Oh, cripes, I ate too much'a dis hot dish and now my stinkin' guts hurt, eh. I'm not even gonna have no room fer beer n' cheese curds."

Old 08-28-2018, 06:39 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Going through Chick-fil-A drive thru. They always ask for a name to put with the order. I always give them a different name, just to be somebody else for a bit. I have come up with some good ones. And they call you by that name with MR. in front of it.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:18 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Going through Chick-fil-A drive thru. They always ask for a name to put with the order. I always give them a different name, just to be somebody else for a bit. I have come up with some good ones. And they call you by that name with MR. in front of it.
I have a friend who always tells people at restaurants where they do that, that his name is Elvis.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:57 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
I washed a fairly new bedspread and some of the tiny tassels around the edges are coming undone.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:28 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
I am planning to make tacos tonight, I have a friend visiting. I am not 100% positive I have all the ingredients, but I think I have most of them. However, once I get home, I'm not going out again. So I will stop at the store and buy up everything I would need, because I'd rather have extra, than not enough.

The part I'm really whining about, is that I will be stopping at Walmart. I hate that place.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:06 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
People jogging in the heat of the day cause me much distress. Slogging along, looking about to drop dead, with no consideration at all for how it makes me feel. I sometimes wonder if I should slow my car down and keep pace, keeping a styrofoam cup of cool water on hand.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:15 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
People jogging in the heat of the day cause me much distress. Slogging along, looking about to drop dead, with no consideration at all for how it makes me feel. I sometimes wonder if I should slow my car down and keep pace, keeping a styrofoam cup of cool water on hand.
I second this, SeaOfGrass. A woman who was in her late 70s jogged past my house today and she made me feel like a real slug. I hosed her. (Just kidding. I just used my squirt gun.)

Oh, wait. You're concerned for the well-being of the joggers! I just get all, "Wha? You think you're better'n meee?"

Old 08-30-2018, 10:17 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I second this, SeaOfGrass. A woman who was in her late 70s jogged past my house today and she made me feel like a real slug. I hosed her. (Just kidding. I just used my squirt gun.)

Oh, wait. You're concerned for the well-being of the joggers! I just get all, "Wha? You think you're better'n meee?"
Well, actually, first it irritates me because is it really that much of an imperative? In this heat? You look like you're on your last legs. Then it irritates me because I feel like it's going to be my civic duty to pull over and save them when they, seemingly inevitably, lose consciousness and fold to the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology