Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2019, 03:32 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times

Advertisements

My Toaster! Some would be impressed that 5 seconds after pushing the lever...out flys the untoasted bread!

That lever has been a bane of my existance...yet As My family says...Mom, ya have to have one thing in this house that isnt't perfect....Let it be the toaster :P Granted they know I am far from perfect but it does make me smile now when the toaster fights me ...I laugh and tell this inanimate object....Just remember who is perfect :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 10:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
My dishwasher dispenser didn't open when I ran it yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't realize it until AFTER I put all the dishes away so now I have to figure out which stuff has to be rewashed.
Well, last night I put like five dishes in the dishwasher, planning to fill it today and wash those dishes. But apparently I was on automatic and I just put the soap in and washed - five dishes (and three pieces of silverware).

At least my two coffee mugs were clean this morning.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:02 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Kathryn - LOL - I still haven't figured out how to set my new d/w to the delay setting. I am an embarrassment to my tech savvy sons.

And yes, what is up with the large spaces between paragraphs these last months?

Old 02-14-2019, 10:50 AM

1,376 posts, read 2,166,407 times
i have a nice pair of fur-lined winter boots but sometimes when i'm out walking in them, my small ankle socks get pushed off my feet halfway so it's just the end of my feet that are in socks. it's a weird feeling.

At least it didn't happen at the same time I had an older pair of undies on, under tight jeans. I guess the aged elastic allowed the underwear to fall down, half an inch at a time, until it was under my cheek, and almost like a g-string, lol. It just feels strange when you're smiling and talking to people and being slightly distracted wondering how soon you can find a quiet and secret place to hike them up or just take them off.

it's probably time to treat myself to new socks and under-garments.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:08 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,293 times
I eat a low carb and unprocessed food diet. No chocolate candy for me today. Happy Valentine's Day.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:51 AM

Not my problem but that of my husband:

He bought a pair of boots on clearance. He was so happy about them. Got home and realized that he had bought THE SAME PAIR he bought on clearance last year - same brand and everything. Only the soles are a different color. I told him he needs to be sure that he puts each pair at opposite ends of the closet or he will get out in public and realize that he has on one boot with a brown sole and one boot with a black sole.

At least his taste is consistent.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:14 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,358,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

He bought a pair of boots on clearance. He was so happy about them. Got home and realized that he had bought THE SAME PAIR he bought on clearance last year - same brand and everything. Only the soles are a different color. I told him he needs to be sure that he puts each pair at opposite ends of the closet or he will get out in public and realize that he has on one boot with a brown sole and one boot with a black sole.

LOL. I’ve done that before, but not with clothing items. I’m going to chalk it up to age-related memory issues.

Well, now he can stretch the lifespan of his favorite style of boots by alternating their usage.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:24 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I did that recently, bought a pair of new tennis shoes, or runners or athletic shoes, not sure what the name is exactly. When I grew up those types of shoes were called "tennis shoes" even though I have only played tennis a handful of times, but, I digress.

I went and picked up some of the "shoes" and I was all jazzed that I got a good deal, like 25% off so I was happier than a pig in mud.

I get home and started looking at my old shoes and I realized that it's the exact same brand, same color, same everything. LOL

I felt a slight wave of annoyance, but I actually did sort of murmur to myself, "well, at least I know what I like and am consistent."

Funny stuff. I don't know if it's a man thing or just I happen to be similar to your husband that way.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:28 AM

Haha! He thought he was going crazy!

I fully expect him to be out and about and realize he has on two shoes from two different pairs.

This is not as bad as a friend of mine though, who showed up to work wearing two COMPLETELY different shoes - the only similarity being heel height!

Old 02-15-2019, 09:34 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,251,926 times
Instead of posting this sentence, I should be doing my taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology