Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2016, 01:12 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,148,476 times

Advertisements

Hate it when you're using a dustpan and brush, and it's SO hard to get that last little line of dirt/sand swept up.. then you think you need to go and get the vacuum cleaner just for that tiny bit and you should have probably just used it in the first place but it's downstairs and.. oh well.. maybe the cats will roll in it or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 02:21 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,784,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
Hate it when you're using a dustpan and brush, and it's SO hard to get that last little line of dirt/sand swept up.. then you think you need to go and get the vacuum cleaner just for that tiny bit and you should have probably just used it in the first place but it's downstairs and.. oh well.. maybe the cats will roll in it or something.
I HATE that little line of dust!

Old 01-24-2016, 02:22 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,784,270 times
My new hair dryer is great--very quiet and "ionic." But the cord is so long, it takes a long time to unwind it before drying my hair every morning, and then when I'm done I have to wind it all back up again. It's freakin' exhausting. Seriously, who needs an 8ft cord on a hair dryer?

Old 01-24-2016, 02:39 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,857,051 times
I just got my white sapphire engagement solitaire stone reset into a new band because my old wedding set was dull, dingy, and nasty looking. The new band is a cathedral setting and it's so high that I'm constantly banging my solitaire into things. Cry me a river

Old 01-24-2016, 02:53 PM

3,426 posts, read 4,332,913 times
Dealing with various customer service call centres. This week I have to call several, to follow up on cutting my cable tv, arranging for hot water tank replacement, and clearing up a dentist bill mix up. If I have to deal with 3 or more customer service phone calls in a week, I'm ready to have a nervous breakdown.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:50 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,079,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
And while you're in the process of brushing it up, you know that that little line is coming... (I wipe it up with a damp paper towel.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
My new hair dryer is great--very quiet and "ionic." But the cord is so long, it takes a long time to unwind it before drying my hair every morning, and then when I'm done I have to wind it all back up again. It's freakin' exhausting. Seriously, who needs an 8ft cord on a hair dryer?
I find it very irritating to have to lift my foot to press down on the button that automatically rewinds the vacuum cleaner cord. Sometimes I even have to bend down to make sure the cord doesn't tangle.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:43 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,915,209 times
I am moving this weekend and hired a moving company to carry all my stuff from the uhaul up three flights of stairs. When I filled out my information online I checked the box next to contact me by text. What do they do? They called and left a voice message! I had to dial my voice mail to here there message. Now I'm expected to call them back! They can't even follow simple contact directions, and I'm supposed to trust them with all my worldly possessions?!

Old 01-24-2016, 05:05 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,857,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Dealing with various customer service call centres. This week I have to call several, to follow up on cutting my cable tv, arranging for hot water tank replacement, and clearing up a dentist bill mix up. If I have to deal with 3 or more customer service phone calls in a week, I'm ready to have a nervous breakdown.
There's an app for that A brand new free service, aptly called Service, has just been launched, and it's long overdue, IMO. Service makes these frustrating calls for you and gets your problems solved without you having to navigate those endless automated menus and talking to apathetic or difficult to understand reps yourself. I read an article about it in Cnet yesterday. Here's the link:

Hate calling customer service? Let free service Service do it for you - CNET

Old 01-24-2016, 05:22 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,020,792 times
Doing the zip up on my coat, and getting some of my hair caught into the zip - every time.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:24 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,120,650 times
I hate it when I go to put on eyeliner and draw a line across my eyelid instead of along my lashes. It happens more than I would like to admit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology