Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 05:04 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm an organized person, and every time we have something big, DH and I get into an argument. Even if we discussed the menu, schedule or whatever in advance and he agreed to everything. At some point, he will proclaim that "there is plenty of time, and nothing HAS to done now."

Of course it doesn't. Thanksgiving can have Stove Top Stuffing and instant mashed potatoes, the guests for this weekends party can take home dog hair on their clothes as souvenirs, and toddlers can play where the dog drags his butt without mopping. We CAN wait until the last minute for packing before the move and just throw boxes any which way so the tilex leaks all over the hand made quilt.... can! Heck, why even make separate recipes, we can just throw all the food in a trough and serve it with ladles.

But why if *%%&()_)_) would you do that when you are retired and have plenty of time? And why am I the bad guy?

And then, when it is all over he gushes at how nice the house looked, how awesome the food was, and what a good time everyone had.

Okay, I feel better now.

So did the weather hold up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 05:29 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

So did the weather hold up?

Besides being hotter than Hades, the weather was very nice.

And in DH's defense, he told me I am not to clean, put stuff away or do any work today, he would do it all.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-04-2019, 07:06 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
I drove into a pull through space at the store today only to come out and find some dummy parked in front of me. I could have backed up to leave, but fortunately by the time the groceries were in the car and the cart where it couldn't cause any mischief the dummy had left. FWP averted.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:50 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Okay, this drives me NUTS. I NEVER get it the right way the first time. Never.
ME EITHER. And you know, you would think that we'd get it right like 50 percent of the time.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:08 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think sharks are like cockroaches, like they can live without eating or without even a head for weeks at a time.

I hope I'm wrong about that.
Hardy har har, said the pirate chased by a headless shark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
Once again, for the umpteenth time ... tried to put the short end of the fitted sheet on the length of the mattress.
Fitting sheets wrong the first time is a proud first world tradition! Like always trying to open a plastic bag on the sealed end first instead of the open end.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:14 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
I hear ya! My procrastinating husband is the bane of my life. My daughter has inherited his procrastination gene.
My son. I've grown rather tired of hearing, "Relax, mom." On the other hand, he talks to me. He really doesn't have to.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:55 AM

4,242 posts, read 947,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
ME EITHER. And you know, you would think that we'd get it right like 50 percent of the time.
(This is about putting fitted sheets on the wrong way ... every time)

I know, me too! I'm at the point where once I figure which way is the top - I'm just going to put that on the side!

Old 08-05-2019, 12:34 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
My son. I've grown rather tired of hearing, "Relax, mom." On the other hand, he talks to me. He really doesn't have to.
That is true.

It doesn't bother her. I am learning to let it go.

For my sake.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:48 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Regarding the fitted sheet problem, I always tried to memorize which corner the tag was on. Didn't always work. The ones we have now, though, have two visible seams that run lengthwise only. It's amazing how happy it makes me. lol

Old 08-05-2019, 01:22 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
(This is about putting fitted sheets on the wrong way ... every time)

I know, me too! I'm at the point where once I figure which way is the top - I'm just going to put that on the side!
You can put a dot in non washable ink on the corner for the right hand side of the head of the bed. I’ve done that.

Or, you can buy those sheets with woven satin/flat stripes, and align the stripes with the length of the bed. But I am embarrassed to admit it took a couple of years to figure this out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology